bris_mty

Reaction score
Country
Mexico
Dash Cam
VIOFO A119
HI

I just bought a VIOFO A119 from Amazon

Any recommendations before mounting it in the windshield ? Our car is a Nissan Versa 2016

Here in Monterrey, México, we have 9 months of summer, with many days above 40°C (right this month, in middle of Winter, we have had several days above 35°C )

The car stays outside all the day.

Also, the cam has to be connected to the adapter that came in the box,
Or can we connect it to the USB port in the car console ?

Thanks.

Brisa

I don't have a versa, but the plug should be able to be used with any USB port that powers on with the car.

The camera should be able to survive those temperatures, but it may be best to leave a small opening the windows to allow airflow if it is sunny.

Welcome to the club. Don't use USB ports built into the car. Most don't put out enough amps to properly power a dashcam and can also activate mass storage data mode.

I made a sunshield for mine. Black on the upper surface, aluminium foil on the underside to minimise radiant heat, a snug fit around the mount but air-space above the cam. My cam is up close to the top of the glass near the rear-view mirror mount. Only the lens peeps out beneath the heat-shield. Very stealthy overall.

If you do not like where you first mount it you can probably use the string that came in the box to carefully "saw off" the sticky pad and re-use. I had to do that.

Last edited:
Welcome to the club. Don't use USB ports built into the car. Most don't put out enough amps to properly power a dashcam and can also activate mass storage data mode.

Thanks for pointing that out.

The car indeed would trigger the USB mode, as it can play music from the USB port.

So, that's not an option, at least not for me

I made a sunshield for mine. Black on the upper surface, aluminium foil on the underside to minimise radiant heat, a snug fit around the mount but air-space above the cam. My cam is up close to the top of the glass near the rear-view mirror mount. Only the lens peeps out beneath the heat-shield. Very stealthy overall.

If you do not like where you first mount it you can probably use the string that came in the box to carefully "saw off" the sticky pad and re-use. I had to do that.

jejeje. I was wondering what could be the function of that....

That's a clever solution.

To the OP around the same temps here in Panama. As I have the gps mount usually just take off the camera from the gps mount while its parked to a somewhat cooler area to minize the heat exposure from direct sunlight on the windshield. My previous dashcam warped a bit after two years.

Back