Just bought but video doesn't seem to match nightime review vids.

Ollygt

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hello all,
I just recieved my Panorama II/S and it looked decent and all. No problems setting it up and it works but the night picture looks very grainy nothing like the night vids people have up as a review of this dashcam.

Is there some setting, am I expecting too much or is it simply the resizing when it goes up on youtube that cleans it up a bit? The camera looks well made and looks exactly like the pictures of the product.
It's running a firmware from November 2014 (1.14) which seems to be later than what they have on their site.

Here is the vid on youtube.

And compare with a rainy night video someone else has.

looks like the Korean market version, not sure where they got hold of that

what's the bitrate of the recordings?

12mbps says it came out of Korea, it's a domestic market version someone has got hold of, talk to the seller to see if they can get you a better firmware, maybe, maybe not

Is there any chance you could upload the raw night footage to make it easier to identify please? There are versions of these cameras in that shell with the OV2710 chipset marketed under the MateGo brand which aren't as good at night as the Sony Exmor versions.

What's the full information on the About page?

Here is the raw footage https://www.dropbox.com/l/dqIdHaw32oVi9p1m1Oy4Nq it's 255mb. Not sure what you mean by the about page. The camera is matt black all over with white writing and displays "Panorama S" when you turn it on. It came in a full retail box. I can take a picture of it but I'm at work at the moment.

Last edited:
link doesn't work, has it finished uploading yet?

picture of the box would help identify where it came from when you get a chance also

that looks shocking, not how they are meant to look at all, even it's the lower bitrate Korean market version it shouldn't look like that, might be faulty

International version (or so it appears) from this seller https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131519693667. The camera looks like the international version and not the the one shown in the ad which is for a different market I believe.

If it helps, I asked the factory and they are not aware of that seller being authorized.

There are Chinese Matego versions with an OV2710 daughter board mate - I'm wondering if maybe they've bought old stock of those cheap and then reprogrammed the Panorama domestic market firmware on to it.

It could be they don't even realize what they're selling and they've been duped but the only way to know is pop the camera open and check the sensor daughter board - I've seen OV2710 versions from Matego.

One popped up on taker.im a while back from memory and the Panorama firmware does support that sensor but it's never usually sold as a Panorama but as a Matego.

Could just be a faulty sensor but does feel like something's not right with that one

Back