Just bought the Genesis 2019 AWD, just a few questions about the Thinkware U1000

stanleylol

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey All,

I just purchased the 2019 Genesis G70 3.3T AWD. I'm thinking about hardwiring the Thinkware U1000 to the fuse box. The questions I have regarding the dash cam and fuse box are:

1) When I am parking at home in my garage, how would I turn off the dash cam so no battery drain is occuring? There is zero chance of getting hit so I want to turn off parking mode so my car battery will not be drained overnight. I only want to use parking mode when I am in the city (NYC).
2) Is there any benefits of an external battery?

Here is my car!

Thank you,
StanIMG_6213.jpgIMG_6255.jpg

1) If you dash cam is on motion detection and you are parked in a private garage, the motion detection will not be triggered nor the g-sensor so it will not be recording. I'd recommend leaving the dash cam in motion detection.

2) There are benefits to using an external battery but they may not apply to you. The external battery will eliminate stress on your vehicle's battery. This is especially important on luxury vehicles. Plus the external battery pack will allow you to extend your parking mode recording time.

Nice ride! I like the colour, it looks similar to a C-Class from the back.

i would definitely get an external battery, because if you hardwire directly to the car batter you will either have to:
A) set cutoff at 12+ volts to protect you battery: this means only a few hours of parkmode
B) set cutoff at 11.1 - very long parkmode but you will kill te battery within a year or so (i'm talking from experience)

Nice car!! I have nothing else to offer. Lol.

Thar's a 60,000 USD car in Denmark. ( guesstimate )
As a matter of fact ATM they are not even sold in DK and the only ones i was able to find was like 8 years old 3.6 L cupes, and they was still +50K USD in price for a car with 30 K KM on the clock.

Really to buy a high end car in Denmark you have to be insane and literally have money to burn.

Most i ever spent on a car was 34,000 USD, and that was on reduced tax ( just 2 seats usable ) fully taxed it would have been a 45.000 USD car ( i am talking about a 2006 Suzuki gran vitara 1.9 TD )

forget it, this is a typical: "i need to have my answers straight away so i will post all over the internet - no need to thank anyone for their time"

forget it, this is a typical: "i need to have my answers straight away so i will post all over the internet - no need to thank anyone for their time"
Hey mb man, I've been busy but I was able to find the answer to the question I posted. Simply i just had to disable recording while parked. Thank you tho!!

I posted some power consumptions to this and the Q800 on the Q800 forum.
Yeah it is going to drain power in your garage until the cutoff time.
You can have it cut off by voltage going below a certain level and by a time period as well.

When you start the car it will start up on its own. Every time the the ignition state changes either from on to off it will start up, and if the ignition goes from off to on the unit will power up as well.

So, when you get in the garage, wait for it to go into parking mode, press and hold the power button for 4 seconds and it will power off. When you go to drive your car a day or two later it will start up on its own.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D U1000 8
Back