Just bought u1000 and coming from f800 pro

• Thread starter Deleted member 74272
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 74272

I'm having difficulties getting this to go in parking mode. For some reason my unit doesnt go into parking mode but will constantly record.

I'm using the exact same wiring kit that came with my f800 pro and that would go into parking mode no problem.

Any insight of what's happening. Possible faulty unit?

I would remove the fuse from the Ignition wire and see if the camera does then go into parking mode. I have had instances where the ignition wire drops from 12v to about 1-3v when the ignition is turned off and that has held Dash Cams (and Bluetooth phone kits) in their normal mode still as the Voltage needs to go completely. Removing the fuse will confirm if this is the issue or not.

Did you enable parking mode in the settings?

Did you enable parking mode in the settings?
Yeah, its been enabled.

I contacted thinkwares tech support line and they deemed it as defective. I went back to the f800 pro and its working fine. I might just wait for the next best thing to try anything else.

Sometimes things can go weird during firmware updates. Good thing you flashed the camera during its return period or else it can be very problematic.

One time I flashed 2 Blackview cameras for cloud firmware. One finished just fine, 2nd one did not. The second one will take 2 - 3 min to lock onto the GPS whereas the first one takes 2 - 5 seconds. Reflashed the 2nd camera to the old firmware and everything works fine. I waited for a year and then reflash the 2nd camera with the same firmware and then everything works again (GPS takes 2 - 5 seconds to lock).

The OP probably figured that the F800 Pro fits the needs and the gain from upgrading to U1000 is insignificant compared to the cost of the camera as well as cost of reinstallation. Keep in mind that unless you are into the internet enabled features, the performance of the U1000 is almost the same as the F800 Pro. In certain situations, the F800 pro might perform better.

Back