Just Cruisin'

Peterbilt Pilot

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello to fellow enthusiasts
As you can no doubt tell by my user name I'm a trucker. I drive to rural & urban sites all over the southern half of Ontario. My orignal intention was to capture drivers indiscretions and post them online somewhere, with the hopes that perhaps these "accidents waiting to happen" could somehow benefit from seeing the error of their ways. During the first week of beta (for me) testing I had a surprise incident of someone trying an insurance scam on me. The vehicle pulled in front of me and hit the brakes, no accident here. When I stopped (in a live lane, on a busy highway), he jumped out of his car and confronted me. When he spotted the dashcam he took off so fast I could hardly react. Little did he know that I hadn't got the cam working correctly yet. Still haven't but thats a whole new ballgame. So when out driving try a little courtesy, who knows, you might live longer. Be seeing you.

Hey Peterbilt Pilot - I'm a trucker too and I run from Ontario to NYC and the eastern seaboard, etc. I'm searching for a dash cam and haven't found anything that i'm really impressed enough to buy. I'm seeing that the most coverage you can get is only 120 degrees and I'm hoping for more like 180, so that I can put it high up in the windshield and get a view range including my front fender blind spots, my front fender mirrors and of course directly ahead....have you found anything like that?

I bought what I assume is a GS!000 clone. I'm currently working out the bugs, key being placement and recording, oh yes and the gps thinks I'm in china. Maybe it was because I was using it upside down. On my Pete the windshield(s) form a Vee in the centre so glass mounting is no good and the mount doesn't swivel. Bought an Auto vanity mirror from wallymart for 3 bucks and stuck it on the interior passenger side sun visor. Mounted the dashcam to that and hope to position it so catch both convex' mirrors.I've ordered a couple of swivel mounts from Asia for 5 bucks each with free shipping to hopefully windshield mount in the near future.
:D I like your user name....kinda reminds me of bagpipes.

Bagpipes? I don't get it? well skwirrel is because i'm a bit nutty, easily distracted and drive everyone around me nutts!
It's also my handle.
Well i'm gonna keep searching and see if I can find what I'm looking for. I heard Garmin has a dashcam and my GPS is a Garmin. . . .I'm pretty happy with it and maybe they can keep up the quality in a dashcam, but I'm gomma need reviews
Any other info you can send my way, i'm appreciative of.

Sorry it's my vanity. I hate wearing glasses, but should to read. I thought it was skwirl , like a bagpipe sounds and with you out of Fergus, well I think you can see how I was confused. Senior Citizen here. Off to Niagara On The Lake for 8am and a second load to somewhere near Markham. (out of Orangeville) .Stay Safe Brother.

to you guys that are driving trucks if you have any feedback or thoughts on what you feel could be improved in DVR's for truck use I'd be interested in your thoughts, we're looking at something specifically targeted toward commercial transport use and your ideas would be most welcome

Some way to record both mirrors and straight ahead would be nice. Maybe an eject button for the micro card.

Back