moderncouple

Reaction score
Country
Australia
App frustrating manual guide incorrect.
had my electrician mate install this model. Yup mounted rear cam upside dwn. No mirror flip. Cables where right hand ones however.. unsightly. Moving front cam off centre means missing view on the important drivers side...After numerous attempts to connect the cam to app. couldnt stop recording to view settings. Currently i guess as default. App also informed has stopped running numerous times. Err report app pop up notification..
User friendly app hell no. confusing manual about lights meanings.
Assumed cam running on defaults took for a drive. Checked footage via pc there was none recorded. Red light was solid no option to make it record.. reset cam record voice came on. What a frustrating app interface and manual.
Checked on here ios stop start record works.niether anyone had an iphone.. saw remove men card fix.. Did that. Only changed loop to 5min. Retest check footage red light solid again. Reset cam defaults . Voice cam on recording... pushed audio button no change in light's.. should be as simple as push audio butont on cam and light turns red push again light off i guess that would be to straight forward.... we left it at that defaults and called it a day.. as the head mess was to big.

What helped for me with some of these issues (i.e. the stop recording) was to update the firmware of the dashcam. Apparently the right match between firmware version and app version is quite critical.

What helped for me with some of these issues (i.e. the stop recording) was to update the firmware of the dashcam. Apparently the right match between firmware version and app version is quite critical.
Thanks dude ill be doin that tomorrow. Was thinking that today ✌

App frustrating manual guide incorrect.
had my electrician mate install this model. Yup mounted rear cam upside dwn. No mirror flip. Cables where right hand ones however.. unsightly. Moving front cam off centre means missing view on the important drivers side...After numerous attempts to connect the cam to app. couldnt stop recording to view settings. Currently i guess as default. App also informed has stopped running numerous times. Err report app pop up notification..
User friendly app hell no. confusing manual about lights meanings.
Assumed cam running on defaults took for a drive. Checked footage via pc there was none recorded. Red light was solid no option to make it record.. reset cam record voice came on. What a frustrating app interface and manual.
Checked on here ios stop start record works.niether anyone had an iphone.. saw remove men card fix.. Did that. Only changed loop to 5min. Retest check footage red light solid again. Reset cam defaults . Voice cam on recording... pushed audio button no change in light's.. should be as simple as push audio butont on cam and light turns red push again light off i guess that would be to straight forward.... we left it at that defaults and called it a day.. as the head mess was to big.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for providing your feedback, please do let us know how you go after installing the latest DOD firmware for your camera as this should correct the bug.

We will also be passing your feedback to the manufacturer directly.

Thank you again for choosing DOD.

Dear valued customer,

Thank you for providing your feedback, please do let us know how you go after installing the latest DOD firmware for your camera as this should correct the bug.

Hi thanks. Can u give me a link to the largest current version please dod rc500s. ...

Dear valued customer,

The latest firmware. Is it one file or a zip. As after download i clicked it and a office word doc programme opens. Dod or chris hunt. Which is the file or part of file i copy to sd card . Where inside de sd card do i paste the file. Just normally in it or inside a certain file alrady inside the sd catd lol.... screenshoot. Just shows read files ?... format card b4 copying firmware. See bloody questions. Dod come closer.. instructions why are we quessing. Firmware thats corrupt its all here.
SIMPLE STEPS GUIDE .. DONT YOU THINK THAT SHOULD BE HERE ALREADY....SMASH THAT RC500S. BLACKVIEW??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170906-195645.png
    Screenshot_20170906-195645.png
    239 KB · Views: 12
download the file, use winrar or 7zip (Google them) to extract the file to a folder, inside you'll find instructions and a bin file, copy the bin file to an empty memory card and restart the camera with the card in it, will take about 30 seconds or so and it's done, format the card afterwards or if you have problems doing that power off and remove the card and delete the bin file off the card in your PC otherwise the update will rerun every time you start the camera

download the file, use winrar or 7zip (Google them) to extract the file to a folder, inside you'll find instructions and a bin file, copy the bin file to an empty memory card and restart the camera with the card in it, will take about 30 seconds or so and it's done, format the card afterwards or if you have problems doing that power off and remove the card and delete the bin file off the card in your PC otherwise the update will rerun every time you start the camera
Thanks champ legend kokiin
. U wud think dod would advise this on the manual/ and wedsite in the dwnldd section. I dntnt get a user manual in my box. Only the pamphlet for de app..

. U wud think dod would advise this on the manual/ and wedsite in the dwnldd section. I dntnt get a user manual in my box. Only the pamphlet for de app..

Go to my Youtube video on how to upgrade the firmware on the RC500S

Hello moderncouple,

We definitely agree with you here, and I assure you that we are working on improving these areas of support for DOD Australia customers.

Please note: files in zip format are required for downloads, as if they are sent via .exe or other types - many computer systems will not accept them (due to file format resembling a 'potential virus threat').

It appears the other members have assisted you already with the download process and we really appreciate that.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us again directly if anything else arises.

Thank you.

It doesnt show how to extract the bin file or even show the file for dwnld from dod wgich contains the bin file.
Ive searched winrar 7zip. Blah blah. Im a carpenter not a computer tech. Which one. See pic. Im almost over it now. Cant find any zip file on dwmlds at dod either for that matter. I know how to extract a zip file anyhow so dwnlding 7zip or any other seems pointless. Like i said not able to locate a firmware file at dod let alo alone a zip one..
shared a screenshot from previous dod dwnldd page. I c it had 8 views. No one says wrong or right page/section. Blah blah..i see its a guessing game with dod products. Aye top lens. Gud sensor. But no sensor build name available. Quality build. Maybe. Wide angle but no horizontal and vertical measurment given there either. Unuser friendly yes. Easy to use No. Honestly does someone THINK im wrong.. there is a thread on here regarding image mirrored. He has no reply or assistance. Arrggh yes thats it oh yes its dod no wonder guess away. Opps gs8 screenshot file is to large to upload here. Yes im a little frustrated.

Last edited:
It doesnt show how to extract the bin file or even show the file for dwnld from dod wgich contains the bin file.
Ive searched winrar 7zip. Blah blah. Im a carpenter not a computer tech. Which one. See pic. Im almost over it now. Cant find any zip file on dwmlds at dod either for that matter. I know how to extract a zip file anyhow so dwnlding 7zip or any other seems pointless. Like i said not able to locate a firmware file at dod let alo alone a zip one...

to be fair the instructions I gave above were only after I went to DOD's site, downloaded the file, extracted the bin file and made sure it was all there before I gave you any detail so that I could be sure what I was telling you was correct

here's a link to just the bin file that I extracted from the zipped file I downloaded, you can download this and then there's nothing to extract, it's ready to copy to an empty memory card

http://www.mediafire.com/file/akwxr3usrki96tr/FWI5GEMI.bin

the two other files in the zipped folder are the images below

Firmware Update Notice.jpg

FW_Update_Patch_Note_RC2CH_A0P_Ver.jpg

to be fair the instructions I gave above were only after I went to DOD's site, downloaded the file, extracted the bin file and made sure it was all there before I gave you any detail so that I could be sure what I was telling you was correct

here's a link to just the bin file that I extracted from the zipped file I downloaded, you can download this and then there's nothing to extract, it's ready to copy to an empty memory card

View attachment 33111

View attachment 33112
Who are you. Wizard thats who. Thank you very much honestly cheers

View attachment 33111

View attachment 33112
Hi . Before i load that file i just need to know was the firmware/bin file u uploaded 4me for australia region ?. As this site is .com which is american. So just wondering if you thought i was from america ?

Last edited:
Was the firmware/bin file for australia region ?.

according to the download page it came from it is, the included images which I posted also state it's for the Asia Pacific region (that's where Australia is)

As this site is .com which is american. So just wondering if you thought i was from america ?

unlikely, it says Australia on your profile

according to the download page it came from it is, the included images which I posted also state it's for the Asia Pacific region (that's where Australia is)

unlikely, it says Australia on your profile
Sorry bro ..thanks again. Sweet a.

Hi moderncouple,

Sorry again for the confusion caused by the zip file, we are glad that jokiin has assisted you here.

In terms of .com - yes that is the manufacturers website, and we will have the Australian website launching soon for our loyal Australian customers.

If you run into any more trouble please contact us, alternatively you can also contact your supplier for further support.

Thanks again.

Back