Just got my 118C and boy am I confused

esox07

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Looking
First of all, this menu system so far seems very non-intuitive. Second, I can't get it to enter the MENU system now. Somehow I did when I first turned it on, but now I press the menu button and nothing happens. Second, once I do get into the menu, how do I format my SD Card with the camera?
HELP!

OK, I figured out that if I pull the SD Card out, I can access the menu system and I did find the format function. However, as soon as I put the SD Card in, the damn thing reboots and then once it reboots, I cannot enter the menu system. I tried pressing the REC button but nothing happens. The REC light is blinking. What does that mean? Should I try to format the card on my computer?

UPDATE: Looks like it is working now. What is the WDR menu item? Choices are either ON or OFF.

Last edited:
Well, damn. I reset the menu to DEFAULT and then it let me reboot and get into the menu with the SD Card in. So, I went straight to the format menu and it looks like it worked. It only took a couple of seconds for the format. Is that normal. I expected longer.

UPDATE: Looks like it is working now. What is the WDR menu item? Choices are either ON or OFF.

And LDWS, what is that? Same On/Off choices?

WDR = Wide Dynamic Range.
Leave it on (on by default) for optimal (though limited) increased night performance.

hahaha, thanks. OK, I have it off. Next question is how to get out of playback mode once you are in it?

WEll time to go to bed. The only way I found to get out of the playback mode was to power it down and then back up. Probably not the designed way to do it, but I guess it works. Thanks Pier28. You have been supremely helpful to me tonight. Merry Christmas. I am going to bed now but I will check back to see if there is a more gracious way of getting out of the play back mode.

Use the same button to enter and out of play back mode, record mode or Photo mode

Thanks everyone. I have a copy of the spytec manual as well as another version. They are both pretty crappy and I can not figure out from either how to get out of playback mode gracefully. I use the MIC button to get into play back mode, but once I am in playback mode, the function of the MIC button becomes FF, so pressing that button again doesn't get me out of playback mode.

Thanks everyone. I have a copy of the spytec manual as well as another version. They are both pretty crappy and I can not figure out from either how to get out of playback mode gracefully. I use the MIC button to get into play back mode, but once I am in playback mode, the function of the MIC button becomes FF, so pressing that button again doesn't get me out of playback mode.

Mic button should get you back out of playback mode, providing you are in standby (not playing any file), if a file is playing the Mic button does fast forward

Yah, exactly. When in playback mode, the mic button is assigned as "Fast Forward". I think my question should be, how do I get from playback mode back to "Standby" mode?

I think the middle button (protect) will stop the video and thus allow you to press Mic to get out of playback mode.

Middle (Round) button is the Play/Pause button.

will it stop at the end of a 3 minute segment or do I have to wait for the entire recording to finish?

Back