Just got my A129 Duo in

mikeluscher159

Reaction score
Country
United States
I finally pulled the trigger on upgrading my A119S

Got the duo with the 3 wire parking mode kit, two of the new design CPLs, the Bluetooth button, and a 256GB SanDisk Ultra A1 card

I got the front cam mounted and the parking kit wired, gotta wait for the weekend to do the rear one

First impressions are good, but not perfect

It feels a higher quality item then the 119s, and the new mount is a big improvement

I don't care for the fact that you still need to plug into the USB port on the camera to use parking mode, maybe that's on the wish list for the next model

The WiFi/App combo is lousy to say the least

It connects when it wants to, but it refuses to connect on 5Ghz, only on 2.4

I've yet to watch a 3 minute clip all the way through without having to restart the stream

I hope this is all just a work in progress, and future firmware updates bring more reliability

Oh, another thing

The app based firmware updater doesn't work

Had to do it the old fashioned way...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The app may not be 100% compatible with the Pixel yet. I've used the firmware update option in the app on my iPhone 7 Plus without issue. The app is still a work in progress. I'm sure there will be regular app updates fixing any bugs that come up.

@CaptureYourAction - you keep replying to users using the Android version saying that you used the app on iPhone 7 Plus. Why don't you test on an Android phone and see for yourself?
The Android version of the app seems unfinished. I experience the exact same issues on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

App performance is going to have a bit of variation depending on the handset and which os version, Android 9 is still buggy, a lot more to the apps than it seems at face value
S7 is still on Android 8.0.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Just wanted to point out it's a platform-specific issue rather than version-specific.

Some handsets work better than others, even if the same os version, someone mentioned pixel 3 earlier which is on 9, I've seen the same issues on my phone which also runs 9, I have a Motorola that is still on 8.1 and it has no issues, other handsets on 8.1 do, apps are a lot more work than we would like

I understand the app is still work in progress, but if we, users, don't report the problems, the developers would not be aware of the bugs.
I am doing software development as well and for me, the users' feedback is essential.

@CaptureYourAction - you keep replying to users using the Android version saying that you used the app on iPhone 7 Plus. Why don't you test on an Android phone and see for yourself?
The Android version of the app seems unfinished. I experience the exact same issues on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Again, I was just letting a user know that it is a working feature for some and that it could be that the android app might not be 100% compatible with the pixel version yet. I don’t have an android version so I cannot test, not that it really matters as it seems to vary by version. I’m sure Viofo is trying to work out the bugs.

Again, I was just letting a user know that it is a working feature for some and that it could be that the android app might not be 100% compatible with the pixel version yet. I don’t have an android version so I cannot test, not that it really matters as it seems to vary by version. I’m sure Viofo is trying to work out the bugs.
OK, I got your point now, sorry. Thanks for clearing that up.

The problem lies with Andrioid, which allows device developers to change how their system functions when interfacing with other devices :mad: That makes each device a rule to itself alone, and anyone trying to develop an app has to create many versions of it so that it will work for every consumer's device.

It's not creating and altering one software for Android, but possibly over a dozen completely different ones which will take a lot of time and effort, so please be patient with those who truly are trying. Do report bugs as soon as you find them so they can be sooner solved, but know that it's not likely to get fixed instantly with so much needing to be done for everyone else too ;)

Phil

ARe you sure parking mode does not work when power is plugged into the GPS (rather than the cam itself)???

ARe you sure parking mode does not work when power is plugged into the GPS (rather than the cam itself)???
I didn't try it, because everyone who complained about parking mode not working, fixed it by plugging directly into the camera

That's also what the included instructions say to do

I also now can't, because of my mounting situation

The first place I had it, blocked the sensor for the auto dimming mirror, so it was always dimming

Now I had to move it lower, and save room for the EZPass

It would be great if the power (parking kit or not) and the rear camera, hell even the AV out was on the mount, so that connector wear is reduced and pulling/installing the camera would be easier

b6bad6e3d01e6d74e785be73af002dac.jpg
692d7cb5886900e56477849940f5e4dc.jpg
5294f26e41c8208b79dfbb202b1736c2.jpg
75ddbad504ec86b6e37342caf57d69b8.jpg
ba5bd635b7c69596f7b20072f51b79e6.jpg
f4a97e6c3931abdefd4e8a4dfcc71ea3.jpg
d2e4ee3bdd2ab5d8525f0a69ffe4acc4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

can't work via the mount with the 3 wire hardwire kit, they have a software method used for parking mode which works with 2 wire power so people that mention parking mode can sometimes be referring to that method, for that it doesn't matter which way it was connected as it's based on no movement etc to change modes

can't work via the mount with the 3 wire hardwire kit, they have a software method used for parking mode which works with 2 wire power so people that mention parking mode can sometimes be referring to that method, for that it doesn't matter which way it was connected as it's based on no movement etc to change modes

Parking mode will still work with the HK3 when plugged into the mount though, it just doesn’t detect the different power feeds. So it will work in the same way a 2 wire kit would - waits for 5mins of no movement and then goes into PM, comes out of PM when speed goes above 12kph (I think). Is that correct?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back