Just got the A119S and the video is blurry :/

The fact Viofo has chosen you as one of their valued Sellers indicates to me you have a more broader knowledge than most people in the street and an excellent reputation to boot. I think you are really dedicated to this forum, you have class dealing with us, carry on.
Like most, I have learned a lot in this forum.

P.S. Maybe jokiin will help us to purchase the original holders for the forum

we had to get our own holders made for these, there is no public tooling version available which will fit, for DIY maybe you could modify some other holder though

Strange than your Holder can be different? the board is the same.

Not strange, the lens and holder is a matched set, no universal holder is available to suit as an individual purchase

Ok, @CaptureYourAction here is a clip I got early in the morning. This is 3 minutes after I left since I don't want to post the first clip for privacy reasons. The sky was darker than what the camera shows and the car was in the garage. Overall from what I saw it does seem more focused however you can see it in some parts losing focus.

Link to the Dropbox ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mh3hb9l0l34w7fy/2017_0922_125650_159.MP4?dl=0

What do you guys think, also anything else I should try before returning both cams?

Last edited:
about the lens there is no speech! it's only about Holder. just you do not have such an opportunity.

Last edited:
Что вы, ребята, думаете, и что-нибудь еще, что я должен попробовать, прежде чем возвращать обе камеры?
Without certain skills, you can not do anything, change the warranty.

Without certain skills, you can not do anything, change the warranty.
Well, I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to fix it without popping it open. Overall since I had issues with both cameras I am probably just going to return them and wait for the SG9663DC

Without opening the DVR you will not do anything. At a minimum, focus adjustment, as a maximum, a Holder replacement and focus adjustment.

Without opening the DVR you will not do anything. At a minimum, focus adjustment, as a maximum, a Holder replacement and focus adjustment.
I would open it up as I have opened my G1WH and messed around with it, however, I would void the warranty and don't want to do that. I would prefer a camera that is ready to work right out the box.

What do you guys think, also anything else I should try before returning both cams?
Evening and night video is not an indicator for focus, because not enough light, ISO exposure.
Do this:
1.In the menu, set the cycle 1min.
2. Put on the parking lot and turn on the cold DVR for recording, the DVR should record 30-40min.
3. After this, put the very first movie, it will be shot on a cold DVR and the last video, it will be already on the hot DVR
4. We compare the record of cold and hot, if the focus is floating it will be seen from the picture.

That's how the perfect picture looks at 119S.
Bitrate 34.8 Mbps

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxWfLd3-z9OXdUZ6cWZqX3RxaVE/view?usp=sharing

34.8 ..jpg

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxWfLd3-z9OXYjVfYlkzUWxIcWc/view?usp=sharing

Фокус.jpg

Поплавки фокусируются с помощью пластикового держателя, и он составляет + 22 ° C, 40 минут.
Пока Viofo не заменит пластиковый держатель для металлического держателя, у потребителя возникнет проблема, и жалобы Viofo. ЭТО НЕОБХОДИМО ДЛЯ ВАС? Еще раз повторю и объясняю! Законы физики не отменены! Матрица ИМХ291 большая и «горячая» в квадратном держателе с высокой температурой и без радиатора (радиатор), низкое качество простирается до микрона, линза отходит от матрицы, полученной дефокусировкой. Аналогичная проблема в близком корпусе испытала матрица AR0330.

НЕ верьте, что производство Viofo и SG металлических держателей. Проблема с колебаниями частично решена прокладкой EWA, и 0.20 $ пощадили на металле, смешно.

5.jpg

6.jpg1.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, @CaptureYourAction here is a clip I got early in the morning. This is 3 minutes after I left since I don't want to post the first clip for privacy reasons. The sky was darker than what the camera shows and the car was in the garage. Overall from what I saw it does seem more focused however you can see it in some parts losing focus.

Link to the Dropbox ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mh3hb9l0l34w7fy/2017_0922_125650_159.MP4?dl=0

Yeah, night video is harder to tell focus. Still looks out of focus to me though. Hard to tell if it worse or better than your day video though. The test GSE stated above would be good if you really want to see if it's focus drift or just out of focus. Your probably just frustrated and ready to give up at this point though. :(

@gse Do you have some screenshots at night time with lots of light? I dont know what is wrong with my dashcam/ maybe my settings ( firmware v 2.1). I've cleaned inside and outside windshield, inside and outside of the CPL, and also dashcam lens too. It is just to much glare from the light.

Inside the car (CPL + WDR On)
aP93z5M.jpg

Outside the car (CPL + WDR On)
xn39KUB.jpg

Outside the car (CPL + WDR Off)
SFyJRpu.jpg

Outside the car (No CPL + WDR Off)
eruaAPM.jpg

Outside the car (No CPL + WDR On)
j56YKLT.jpg

@gse Do you have some screenshots at night time with lots of light? I dont know what is wrong with my dashcam/ maybe my settings ( firmware v 2.1). I've cleaned inside and outside windshield, inside and outside of the CPL, and also dashcam lens too. It is just to much glare from the light.
How did you clean your lens? Light striations like that are usually due to a dirty window or lens. Since you posted a shot outside the car as well (kudos for that), maybe your lens isn't as clean as you think? Did you try without the CPL?

How did you clean your lens? Light striations like that are usually due to a dirty window or lens. Since you posted a shot outside the car as well (kudos for that), maybe your lens isn't as clean as you think? Did you try without the CPL?

The way I cleaned it is the same way when I cleaned my dslr lens with Zeiss lens wipes in circular motion from the center of the lens to the side. Before using the wipes, I use the blower to get rid any dust then brush it with a soft brush.
I might try to clean it again. Could it be the inside of the lens dirty?

I posted the screenshot without CPL (WDR On/Off).

It's true! I cited dozens of examples not only on this forum, and those who changed plastic for metal do not have problems! I have a lot of video, and the screenshots above confirm this! My 119S is in order, metal holders are installed, I want that others would not have problems. But they are!

Do you have a link to where you got the metal lens holder?

Do you have a link to where you got the metal lens holder?

Did not quite understand what you are interested in?
If you do not trust, please note in the photo that both Viofo 119S installed not original lenses.

IMG_20170617_084933.jpg холдер +объектив.jpg 2 холдера.jpg 2 ВР.jpg

The way I cleaned it is the same way when I cleaned my dslr lens with Zeiss lens wipes in circular motion from the center of the lens to the side.

All napkins with impregnation leave a touch on the glasses and lenses.
I wipe the lens with a microfiber Kimberly Clark Blue Wypall, take it and rub it, super, glass in the car I wipe Kimberly Clark paper napkins 7301.
R0456472-01.jpg

Last edited:
Back