Just got the A129

kahoots

Reaction score
Country
United States
Please bear with me as this is my first dash cam. I read through the entire manual and watched a few youtube videos and wasn't able to find a way to get to the menu. I popped in the micro sd card, turned it on, and it starts recording, which is normal. I pause recording, it beeps every few seconds and when i hit the menu button, nothing happens. Is this a defect or I am doing something wrong? I want to format the card and change certain settings. I also downloaded the Viofo app (iOS) from the app store and was able to connect to it but again I wasn't able to change any settings on the camera.

Also, the mic button doesn't mute it, or at least i don't see any signs of it changing. When i press the mic button, it shows the wifi info. Press it again, the wifi info goes away and shows km/h. The top mic logo stays there regardless.

Thanks

I noticed that if WiFi is on, you can’t enter the menu directly on the camera, only from the WiFi app. Disable WiFi by holding the far right button for 5 sec or so. Maybe this will be addressed in a future firmware, if there isn’t some other limitation behind it.

As far as the mic, I noticed the red mic led on mine toggled on/off when pressing the button. Don’t remember anything else off hand. I’ll take a closer look tomorrow.

I noticed that if WiFi is on, you can’t enter the menu directly on the camera, only from the WiFi app. Disable WiFi by holding the far right button for 5 sec or so. Maybe this will be addressed in a future firmware, if there isn’t some other limitation behind it.

As far as the mic, I noticed the red mic led on mine toggled on/off when pressing the button. Don’t remember anything else off hand. I’ll take a closer look tomorrow.

Thank you!!! i was going crazy. Please keep me posted on the mic. Thanks!

Thank you!!! i was going crazy. Please keep me posted on the mic. Thanks!

I tested the mic button, it works as intended with WiFi off. When WiFi is on, it indeed just toggles the WiFi SSID and password on the display.

@viofo Is this intended or some other limitation? Unable to access menu on dashcam when WiFi is on? And the mic button not toggling the mic and only displaying WiFi info when WiFi is on? Or will this be addressed in a future firmware?

For those running their A129 off a seperate battery like the Cellink Neo for example, make sure to turn off WiFi when not using it. I installed my A129 yesterday and noticed on a fully charged Neo the app shows 5 hours less runtime with the Wifi on compared to off. App displayed ~15 hours with WiFi on and ~20 hours with it off.

I am patiently waiting for BlackBoxMyCar to get in the expansion packs for the Neo. They said they'd be getting them a week ago and while not on their site they say they're testing it. I was really hoping to have it by next Tuesday as I'm taking a 2 week trip and would have liked to have it installed for more parked runtime but oh well now, hope they list them soon.

Reactions: Mtz
I tested the mic button, it works as intended with WiFi off. When WiFi is on, it indeed just toggles the WiFi SSID and password on the display.

@viofo Is this intended or some other limitation? Unable to access menu on dashcam when WiFi is on? And the mic button not toggling the mic and only displaying WiFi info when WiFi is on? Or will this be addressed in a future firmware?
While the Wi-Fi enabled, not support to enter the menu on camera.
Latest FW support MIC on/off already while Wi-Fi enabled, will release in next version.

Hallo kann man sich automatisch über eine neue Firmware informieren? zB Newsletter?

While the Wi-Fi enabled, not support to enter the menu on camera.
Latest FW support MIC on/off already while Wi-Fi enabled, will release in next version.

Please advise the most current Revision of the A129 Firmware. Thank you.

There is only one at the moment, the original that the camera came with. There may be a beta floating around somewhere, but I have not seen/heard about it.

The original firmware is - V1.0 Build : 20180531

Attachments

• A129_1 (59).jpg
    A129_1 (59).jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 26
Which setting is recommended for the recordings 3,5,10 min?

We will share the beta firmware for testing soon.

Which setting is recommended for the recordings 3,5,10 min?
Normally I prefer 3 mins, short video is easy for transfer and download.

@VIOFO_Support or anyone.... How do you change the WIFI Password from 12345678 to something else?

I don't have the dash cam handy at the moment, but if I remember correctly, you can change the password in the App
Yes .. I changed the password and the SSID through the Viofo app on my iPhone.

Back