Just had a run in with a pedestrian,,,,, which turned out to be a cop off duty.

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Still he and his kind do not impress me, not that i am pro anarchy but really all they do is dowsing little fires when everything around them are on fire, so in truth for a Danish cop to go to work, he get off duty not really having done much in the greater perspective.
As i am always looking for blood now ( the taste of it or the sight ) thats figurative speaking, then the "F" word are used in the start of the video, everything else is in Danish.

But apparently 20 - 30 KMH is too fast on a near empty parking lot with one person walking close to the middle of the "road"

I think we need a translation...

As i pass by he say drive properly, and i hear this as i have window down as i have just said goodbye to the pretty girl on the gas station doing a little work outside
I tell him "F" you as i have stopped.
Then i get out of car, and say you really think i was driving like a maniac, and a little later that i can actually prove what just transpired, and i dont think in any way i was speeding or driving badly, at least not comaired to that is the norm here now.
He then present himself as police officer as he approach me, i say good for you and then tell him my name and sir name ( though at this stage i am not supposed to, but i am a nice guy so i tell him, this i have muted )
He then go on a little about me being a maniac and a not polite person ( i even put on a mask though here outdoors i am not supposed to, but as he stepped back and i am a nice guy then why not )
In the end he dont want to talk with me ( i was just getting warm ) so he leave with a remark, and in the end i yell to him at least i have a clean criminal record.
Here i really would have liked to inform him that i have been driving for +30 years and i have never caused a accident or ruined a car, and my insurance consider me a super elite driver.
And i would also have liked to steer him towards my youtube page, and i would also have liked to talk about the times i have turned in really bad driving to the police and they have done nothing.

This is only my opinion but 20-30 kph is too fast, in car parks I like to keep my speed down to a max of around 15 as there are people about and as we know they can be unpredictable.

I agree, but here there are 3 cars parked, and i am heading out of it.
Other larger parking areas here, like elsewhere you see marks of doughnuts.

At least this video tell, that some times you can run into a person with a hair trigger.

This is only my opinion but 20-30 kph is too fast, in car parks I like to keep my speed down to a max of around 15 as there are people about and as we know they can be unpredictable.
It does depend on the car park, in this case there was good visibility at all times, people expect cars to drive through fuel stations, kamkar turns the corner at 11.8 MPH which really isn't very fast, braking distance from the UK Highway Code is 2m at that speed.

Watching the video it seemed faster than that to me and about at the limit, but this seems a fairly narrow angle dashcam which can be misleading, this is a situation where a wider angle and better resolution camera can be much better.

From his reaction to kamkar driving past, I assume he wanted to cause trouble. Possibly he was surprised because he was distracted by messing with his mask (dangerous things!) instead of following the rules for crossing / walking along roads and being aware of everything around, but it seemed more like an attack reaction than a retreat to safety reaction, what happened doesn't make much sense otherwise. As kamkar says, a person with a hair trigger, the wrong sort of person to have in the police force and kamkar probably did him some good!

Pedestrians need to watch for cars, and that guy wasn't doing that well if at all. Kamkar wasn't going too fast IMHO, but a lower speed would have been more prudent considering how stupid many pedestrians (and Cops too) are these days :(

As long as society allows stupid people to go outside into the public arena you have to allow for them; it's a compound problem which can be solved but most people will not like the correct solution :eek:

Phil

I am usually the slow guy, though out on the streets i do my very best to be on the limit and even over, but most people overtake me.

Whatever i am looking for a fight, sadly this guy was not one of the locak parasites ( biker or immigrant drug dealers ) that would gladly accommodate me

To be clear, this is a video of you stopping to initiate a confrontation instead of just going about your day and not caring what a pedestrian in the rear view mirror has to say.

Indeed, my life have turned 180 in regard to confrontation.
In my youth i was in a very twisted and violent environment as crime are, but i did manage to steer clear of that pretty much back then, though as a little guy ( tall but skinny ) i of course had to assert myself now and then, which i managed by doing stupid dangerous things but rarely violent, though in circles like that if you are " invited to dance" you better take up that invitation or you are looked upon as weak.
Even if the guy are 2 X larger and can throw you thru a brick wall.
But back then it was okay, no one was jumping up and down on peoples faces or kicking people lying down, so fights often ended faster than they started

Though dont worry i am not looking for it that much, this was just a firestorm of bad timing, and if would have been more enjoyable if the guy had been a immigrant gangster drug dealer or a biker ditto, cuz then things would have been flying.

Maybe i have become a flagellant that require the help of others to bleed, i am sure as hell not spanking myself, or looking for a mistress to do it.
But somehow the taste of blood or the sight of it are now alluring to me and i would like to try it again though it have been many decades, it is pretty funny cuz in general violence are of course stupid and pointless.
I have always said that everyone need their ass kicked now and then to keep their priorities strait, perhaps since it have been so long i have lost my priorities.

Funny thing, some of the people i knew back in the old days liked to fight, so they toured around in a few cars looking for fights, but some times they ended up in a bar with big ass farmers or fishermen, and those guys mutilated the punk ass City boys they where, cuz while they had violent tendencies, well most of them dident really pack the stuff you need to sustain such a living without scratches.

And of course when that happened they always was big mouthed and talking about returning with more people and even guns and settle the score, but it never happened cuz after all they / we was just punk ass kids.
A few more ounces of weed and various powders, and maybe a successful fight in town and things was forgotten. :LOL:

PS. i got out of that pretty fast when my brain started to work just a little.

Last edited:
Have you watched the film Unhinged? [emoji3]

No i saw a trailer for it, i dont really see movies unless it is old or bad enough to be on TV, and i threw out my TV in the spring.
I think maybe i am a lost relative to Ronnie Kray :)

images

Still he and his kind do not impress me, not that i am pro anarchy but really all they do is dowsing little fires when everything around them are on fire, so in truth for a Danish cop to go to work, he get off duty not really having done much in the greater perspective.
As i am always looking for blood now ( the taste of it or the sight ) thats figurative speaking, then the "F" word are used in the start of the video, everything else is in Danish.

But apparently 20 - 30 KMH is too fast on a near empty parking lot with one person walking close to the middle of the "road"

Not to sound like a dick, but these situations have a way of going bad very quickly. It's always best to let A-Holes be A-Holes and keep driving. You never know if the idiot on the other end may attack you or have a weapon.

In my opinion you indeed were driving too fast in a parking area.
You had no clear sight on whats on the right side when turning right.
Behind the small shopping cart shelter there could be a little kid running away from the car thats also parked next to it. Also there are people running around, I wouldn't pass them that fast when being at a parking area.

And even if the cop was distracted with his mask you should always be careful because you are the superior road user.

1607288957056.png

In my opinion you indeed were driving too fast in a parking area.
You had no clear sight on whats on the right side when turning right.
Behind the small shopping cart shelter there could be a little kid running away from the car thats also parked next to it. Also there are people running around, I wouldn't pass them that fast when being at a parking area.

And even if the cop was distracted with his mask you should always be careful because you are the superior road user.

View attachment 54526

23-26 KM/H isn't that fast...That's around the acceptable speeds in most parking lots. You're correct on one respect though, pedestrians have the right of way.

Yeah all hell will be loose if i even touch a pedestrian with my car, same with cyclists.
It was also one of the main reasons i got into dashcams, cuz i dont mind paying my dues, but i will not pay if someone are at their own fault

In the 90ties i had actual run ins ( no one flying much at least ) but people on skateboards and roller blades on the road, where they are not supposed to be ( not even legal to drive those on the sidewalk at least not skateboards )
I think it happened 5 times or so and 2 times the cops was also involved, but back then no retaking of driver test not even a alcohol test on site.
Fortunately people had seen it and stuck around to talk to the cops, but i was still reprimanded a few times, which is also okay as one should always be vigilant, but it is hard to account for stupid even if you are vigilant.

And they was lucky i was vigilant, back then i was so stupid i did not mind doing 90 on a residential / town street with a 50 limit, so people could easy have been flung meters into the air instead of just bouncing off my Opel.

But yeah not cool i have become so conflict seeking, on the other hand i have been extremely conflict avoiding for my whole life,,,,,, something that was hard to manage with the circles i hung out with where that is looked upon as a weakness.

I try to be open about everything even the less flattering parts, i dont expect this to happen again anytime soon, though i have given the 1 finger signal to overtaking cars on the motorway in the past days, but in the dark so they probably dident see anything.
And if it get to that i will of course also let the other part throw the first punch, violence are much frowned upon here, and it is often a "go strait to jail and do not collect money when you pass start" offense.

The tritle of the vido also is "Idiots" me and a off duty police man.

Last edited:
Back