Just ordered a new Viofo A119 V2

SteveJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A129 Pro Duo.
Hi, I’ve decided, finally, to upgrade my ageing Street Guardian SGZC12SG to a new Viofo A119 V2 from Amazon UK. I ordered a couple of micro SD cards at the same time, 2x SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC A1.
Just wanted to make sure these cards are going to be ok with this cam !.

Steve

Hi, I’ve decided, finally, to upgrade my ageing Street Guardian SGZC12SG to a new Viofo A119 V2 from Amazon UK. I ordered a couple of micro SD cards at the same time, 2x SanDisk Ultra 64GB microSDXC A1.

Steve
As long as they are the new A1 cards (must say A1 on the), then they should be good cards.

Do not forget to format any SD Card over 32Gb in the A119 to minimise any SD card problems.

I am using SanDisk 64GB cards with no problems.

Do not forget to format the any SD Card over 32Gb in the A119 to minimise any SD card problems.

I am using SanDisk 64GB cards with no problems.

That’s a good point, thanks.

Steve
Hi Steve, Just signed up as a member today so this is why I had not provided you with my input to your micro SD card inquiry.
From what I had read on choosing a DashCam SD card, was that the SCANDISK ULTRA 32GB card may not have been your best choice as far as DashCam SD cards are concerned, due to its history of early failures and your loss of warranty when used in DashCams, along with the lack of competitive usage vs the TRANSCEND 32GB SD card. when comparing the two, it should be noted that the TRANSCEND High Endurance 32GB SD card provides 6,000 hours of life cycle and 2,192 write cycles before failures can be expected. While looking at the SCANDISK Ultra 32GB SD card, you can expect a max of 500 write cycles before failures should occur.

FYI: Always a good thing on reading up reports and reviews on the web, before making our purchases ..... lol

FGTK, thanks for your input. Firstly you’ll notice that I’m using 64Gb cards NOT the 32Gb you quote. Secondly I did plenty of research on Sandisk cards, and yes, the early ones were very dodgy, but the later ones, which I think you’ll find have been recommended here by the experts, are perfectly fine so long as you use the ones designated A1.

Maybe you should take your own advice and read up on these things first !

I am using a Sandisk 32GGb in a YI smart cam with no problems. But use a 64Gb card in one of my A119 v2 again no problem. It's luck of the draw and regularly formatting (every month) decides if you have problems or not.

First a welcome to our new member @FGTK :) While I can't say about this specifically, many cams have been found to support larger cards by users simply making the attempt. The usual process is to format the large card to fat32 in your PC and see what happens from there. I've also read where a member 'tricked' the cam into working with a larger card that was rejected that way by assigning the too-big card with parameters of the largest known working card which tricked the cam into thinking it was that size and not larger. I'm sure a lot about this will vary based on the processor being used, but it seems that with almost all cams there is little to no risk to the cam itself by trying; either you can get the card to work or it doesn't work and that's all. I have one cheap Generalplus-equipped cam which will not take a larger card than specified; all the others I have will.

Phil

Back