just ordered sg9665gc excited question can i use obd2 adapter?

chrisg2k1

Reaction score
Country
United States
hello after week of researching i went from black vue to this, as i seen on youtube us dash cam use it on his civic and i seen he can mount it right in a good spot where the wipers sweep (on 9th gen civics they use opposing wipers so its pretty big gap on top/middle of windshield

can i use this obd2 to mini usb adapter? its at 5 volts and has low voltage cut off, they adverstise it to use on camera dvrs as well

one of the main reasons i got this instead of blackvue was the support from members on here

only thing that i dont like is the no downloading to phone but as i understand that downloading to phone is what causes low bit rate on the black vues and this doesnt do that but has a high 15 bitrate

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00WQSFLPS

thanks jokinn your one of the main reasons i got this camera unlike blackspew im glad i did my research and found out about there low bit rates and lack of customer service , question what sensitivy do u recommend for the camera? is there differnt sensitivty for parking and normal?

there are some sensitivity adjustments although right now the settings are not correct, we're working on a firmware update at the moment to correct that, we should be releasing that later this month

if wanting to use while parked though I'd recommend looking at either a Fine Safer or Vico Power Plus for your power management rather than the OBD lead you're looking at, they'll do a much better job for this application

Alright thanks hard to tell from details but this model doesn't have a true parking mode ?

Ok I just ordered a vico wanted to know what u think looking at video you can set vico minimum two hours on I was thinking doing this keep it on two hours after car off would this be ok ?

Back