Just purchased a Mini 0805. A few questions...

Cam Newton

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought it from Gear best and they had options about warehouses. China and US. I obviously chose US, but what would the difference be had I forgot to click over to US, since it was China by default..

Is there anything I need to be wary of when it arrives? (anything I need to look out for at all)

Also, this is my 1st cam and I bought a hard wiring kit off Amazon. It's going to be used in an 06 Honda Civic. The kit for some reason says it's expected to ship by November 4th.. Should I just use the cigarette lighter attachment until then? That won't cause any problems I assume, right?

Anyways. Thanks in advance :)

yeah best to use the cig charger in the mean time, make sure everything works as expected then hardwire

OK thanks..
I'm not good with electronics, so I'll probably need assistance doing all that when the times comes..
But.. When people use the cig outlet, is the cam normally high, behind the mirror, or low on the windshield?

I ask because it seems the cord would be bothersome if the camera was behind the rearview.

Alrighty.. Thanks again!

I feel a little over my head right now with questions about hardwiring and how that works on a battery vs capacitor model..

I guess I'll figure it out when the time comes..
But since it has a battery, can it be used without the cord to cig lighter for awhile?

That makes sense.
Thank you. You've been exceedingly helpful. I appreciate it

I just noticed on the specs it says that it supports up to a 32 gig "class 10" card.

Any idea why it only supports 32 gigs and not higher?

Nevermind.. Now another site says 128 gigs.. Idk, these things are confusing, lol.

Posted this in another thread, hoping one of you know a solution..

Mine is currently solid blue (light) and won't turn on.. Hardwired in.

If I hold down the power button long enough, sometimes it turns solid red, but I can't get the screen to turn on or it to record in general.

Posted this in another thread, hoping one of you know a solution..

Mine is currently solid blue (light) and won't turn on.. Hardwired in.

If I hold down the power button long enough, sometimes it turns solid red, but I can't get the screen to turn on or it to record in general.
I had a G1W that did that when I accidentally hardwired it to 12v instead of 5v.
it was bricked, totally dead.

How do you mean you wired it to 12 instead of 5?
Wrong fuse location?
(I don't know much about electronics)

Evan55 didn't use an adapter. Your cam operates on 5VDC, it cannot be wired directly to a car without a hardwire kit, supplied power cord, or a USB adapter- these supply the 5VDC you need.

Can't help you with your problem otherwise, just hoping you used an adapter!

Phil

I used a kit from Amazon.. Just wasn't sure if it mattered which fuse I piggybacked on.

Never tap into a safety-critical circuit (engine computer, lights, wipers, signals, airbag etc). Some cars have time delay circuits that switch themself off after a given time. With all that, just keep trying till you find one which works. Try the radio (sometimes on time-delay) or cigarette lighter (some are switched, some aren't) or heat/AC fuses. A few cars have no switched circuits at the fuse panel.

Phil

Back