Just purchased, question with date setting

fjcam2012

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just purchased the mini 0805 and am not sure on how to set the date. The format has two digits at the start, and I thought I set it correct to my zone, Portland, OR (-8 UTC), but the video files always seem to show the following day's date and the wrong time. My unit shows: -08 2015 06 08 07:24 after setting, but changes to: -16 2015 06 09:24 after recording. I've even set it once and went back later to look at it to find it had changed on its own.
Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thank you

I just purchased the mini 0805 and am not sure on how to set the date. The format has two digits at the start, and I thought I set it correct to my zone, Portland, OR (-8 UTC), but the video files always seem to show the following day's date and the wrong time. My unit shows: -08 2015 06 08 07:24 after setting, but changes to: -16 2015 06 09:24 after recording. I've even set it once and went back later to look at it to find it had changed on its own.
Any ideas as to what is going on?

Thank you

note: -08? i can set -8 but not with a 0 in front of the 8. -16? i think the largest number you can have is 12. you have something missing.. -16 2015 06 09:24 is missing day or hour

Well, i am central time zone. I have -5 , so if your pacific , you should be -7 i would think. (i thought i was -6 but it kept changing my time wrong, until i set it -5, then it worked) when your done changing menu stuff, press UP to end changes. let us know how that all works.

note this comment in manual about GPS , maybe you need to wait till GPS activates (connects) and see if time becomes (stays) 'correct'...................

The time zone, corrected for daylight saving time, will need to be set before the
GPS signal can correctly update the time.

Last edited:
I fixed the UTC issue, but now have an issue with the GPS not working. And the dash cam is recording random length files. I'm viewing them in Dash Cam Viewer with some
being as short as 32 seconds. Odd, as the camera is set to record 3 min. intervals.

It was on, so I turned it off. I'll test it soon.
The GPS came on once I cycled power to it.
Are these things really that flakey? Can't complain too loudly considering the price.
Thanks for the help.

It was on, so I turned it off. I'll test it soon.
The GPS came on once I cycled power to it.
Are these things really that flakey? Can't complain too loudly considering the price.
Thanks for the help.

Flaky? No. They do have menu settings with lots of functions and understanding those functions could be better explained in their documentation.

Personal thoughts to all manufactures of new/unique products: You make an awesome product, it does awesome things, has tons of special settings, lots of "tweaks"....... You should make an AWESOME documentation too! If you make a document too long and too detailed, then just make a note that you have a website with that "TONS of detail" , LOTS of "if this happens" then "this is the possible causes".

I didn't understand the motion setting. I figured--not having been explained in the documentation (I don't speak ChinEnglish)--that this only worked during parking lot mode, not during
regular driving use. I don't really need it anyway.

Back