Just purchased........

Brent.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've owned a SG9665GC V2 dash cam for over 2 years now and not had any major issues. I checked out other brands to see if anything better has come along and didn't see anything I thought was significantly better that I needed, so I ordered the V4 SGGCX2. Hoping it performs at least as well as the V2 has, but know that customer support is top notch. Looking forward to getting it and seeing how the quality compares to the older one.

Brent

I hope you will pass on that V2 to a loved one, we need as many cameras out there as possible.
And i think you should be able to spor the better points of the SGGCX2, quite a few updates in that one compared to the GC V2

It will be replacing another dash cam in my wife's car. Still works great, so no reason not to use it.

Brent

I'm not noticing much video quality difference from my V2. Not that it is a big deal because the V2 quality is good. I'm not using the CPL filter since half my driving is at night. Just a little too dark with it at night imo. I don't feel like putting it on at day and off at night all the time, so it will stay off for now. I love the indention around the microSD card slot. That makes it so much easier to get the card in and out. Always have to grab a penny or something to get the card out of the V2 and have almost dropped it down the defrost vents a few times when it shot out. Hard wiring the V2 into my wife's car this evening. Almost have it done, as soon as I make sure the GPS board is faced the right way to stick to the windshield. Loving our Street Guardian dash cams!!!

Last edited:
You can always increase the ev value by 1 or 2 stops to accommodate the loss of light through the polarising filter. The filter has other benefits such as reducing glare.

You can always increase the ev value by 1 or 2 stops to accommodate the loss of light through the polarising filter. The filter has other benefits such as reducing glare.

True, but the video would be too bright on sunny days, requiring constant back and forth adjustment from day to night driving. I like the set it and forget it option which for me means no CPL filter. Glare is not an issue for me.

Back