Justifying cost of DR900S-2CH for cross-country trip documentation - is it worth it?

As they say, you not a car guy before you have owned a Alfa :cool:
At least thats the saying over here in Euro-ville :)
I had an Alfa hire car for a week, does that count? :unsure:

It was long enough for me, having to rev the engine in order to generate enough electrical power for the electric windows to go back up seemed a bit silly for a 2 month old car! Was somewhat surprised by that, even though I remembered Clarkson making a comment about the electric windows on TG.

Have to remember, rear engine so window is tiny (couple shots from Valley Forge PA). Best place I could mount camera and still see back.
Great car, but I was being facetious and talking about the positioning of the rear camera VIDEO window on your clip that obscures a load of road, but allows a good clear view of the clouds. :ROFLMAO:

even though I remembered Clarkson making a comment about the electric windows on TG.
He would have scorned them as being an unnecessary weight addition.

I liked the looks of the 155 and its performance in touring car racing back in the day, the 155 and later models also sold here to some degree.
BUT ! the problem is Danish cars must have a plate front and rear, and with the design of the front on the newer models this mean the front plate have to be offset to the side, and i am sorry to say i am the kind of guy that would not be able to live with that.
Alfa_Romeo_156_Selespeed.jpg

As with so many other brands it is the old ones that do it for me, i would take a 2000 GT in a heartbeat
Maybe a Montreal coupe - one of the old GTV ASO
With a lotto win i would be looking for a tipo 33 stradale or something to that order, magnitudes more sexy that anything of the newer stuff from any brand.
peter-stevens-alfa-romeo-tipo-33-01.jpg

A car / model that bar a few years are almost as old as myself, and therefore sexy as hell.
I can assure you if i saw one of those up close i would have to super glue my hands into my pockets, cuz i would have such a urge to feel it up and look in every nook and cranny.
Pretty sure if you put a blind man beside it and let him feel it up he would get a erection.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B DR900S (1CH or 2CH) 9