K1S causing radio interference

David13

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently installed the K1S in my car and whenever it powers on I lose radio signal. I've contacted koonlung and all they said is that there is either a problem with the wiring in the camera system or the wiring of my car. I asked about returning it for another camera and they require all packing material (which I threw away after installing it) to be sent back along with the camera. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I am going to try to wrap all cables with EMI tape to see if it helps.

What car, where is the antenna located, which radio band is giving you issues, AM, FM, DAB etc?

What car, where is the antenna located, which radio band is giving you issues, AM, FM, DAB etc?
Sorry, it is a 2008 Volvo S40. The antenna is located in the center rear of the roof. I am having problems with FM radio, haven't tried any others yet. My cameras are located under my rearview mirror and in the upper right rear window. I have changed the location of the wiring several times with no luck.

Have you checked which side the antenna cabling is on?
I haven't checked where the antenna cables are located, but I have moved the dash cam wiring around the vehicle several times.

Here's a couple links to threads relating to RFI:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/fm-interference.11958/#post-154442
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...era-mounted-in-rear-window.20620/#post-269987
The issue is the same whether it's FM,AM, or DAB radio so the solutions are similar too.
Phil
I've just tried powering the cam with my laptop and the interference was almost completely eliminated. So the issue is either in the power cable or with how it connects with my car's 12v plugin. I think I am going to try hard wiring it in and see what happens.

I've just tried powering the cam with my laptop and the interference was almost completely eliminated. So the issue is either in the power cable or with how it connects with my car's 12v plugin. I think I am going to try hard wiring it in and see what happens.

ok that's good news as it's easier to filter the power source than if the problem was coming via the rear video cable

Back