K1S Internal Battery

Ukase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Koonlung K1S, Blackvue DR380G-HD, Blackvue DR600GW, LS430W
Can anyone advise me if an alternative battery to that supplied by Koonlung could be used and if so which make and rating? The existing battery is rated at 1100 mAh giving approx up to 1 hour in park mode. Could a battery rated at say 2000mAh be used and would this create any problems such as overheating or charging?

Have seen the thread about using the USB lead to charge the battery from the car power socket and my car has this socket live even with the ignition switched off. I am concerned about possible overheating if left charging for an extended period using this method.

Ukase.

Your concern is valid. Using an action camera battery full time in a dashcam product is a bad idea especially when a car is left parked in the sun and the temp rises significantly. The constant charge/recharge daily will be punishing as well. K1S is not the ideal system for park mode needs. This is why the proper parking mode enabled cameras have a super capacitor and utilize your own car battery along with a battery discharge prevention power cut-off hard wire kit device.

Thank you to Pier28 and Jokiin for you replies and assistance.

I am not overly concerned about using Parking mode and especially take the point that Pier28 made about capacitor cameras and hard wire kit device.

Regards,

Ukase

Back