K1S not cycling? help

Wickett

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey everyone- I bought a K1S a while back and it appeared to all be working correctly. It was recording video and I have been checking to make sure that it turns on and starts recording (the last time I checked was within the last week). Everything appeared normal but today I got rear-ended and when I went to download the video, I discovered that my recordings dated up to two weeks before the accident. The card was full and the videos did not cycle. All the videos were in the unprotected folder and the system still "appeared" to boot and record automatically. I deleted the files and started the car again to ensure that new videos were recording (ruling out a chance that the system just lost it's ability to generate new videos and that was the source of not cycling). I have confirmation that, now with an empty card, videos once again are recording so this really is a case of no ability to cycle.

Is there a setting that would prevent this other than protecting the recordings? (Again all but two videos were in the unprotected folder and two videos were in the protected folder).

Any feedback on this would be very helpful. It sucks when I am actually in an accident I find out the system has failed.

PNY 128GB High Speed MicroSDXC Memory Card (P-SDUX128U160G-GE)

This seemed to be in line with the specs from where I bought the camera:

Is there a known card that absolutely works? I would not want to risk this again...

have seen reports of the Samsung Pro U3 cards being the best option, not sure the product is entirely glitch free though

Thank you! I will pick one up and do some tests...!

After doing some tests I can confirm that the 64GB Samsung Pro U3 does allow the video to cycle! I will most likely be formatting it from time to time to ensure there is always space.

Again thank you very much for the suggestion and I hope this helps other people that run into this problem!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Koonlung 0