K1S protecting the files before but not during.

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
The K1S I am finding annoying. When I hit the protect files button it saves the front and rear before file and then the now front camera. This is no good if the indecent is behind you.

Wanted to catch the driver on his mobile who pulled out behind me on a roundabout. and hey the bit before i joined the roundabout was there and the front driving round the roundabout but not where he was up my arse with his phone starting to call someone.

Then the same happened with this other one today. the software needs to be un-glitched.

I can't remember right now. It was having the same issue with the original firmware... so I updated to the latest koonlung firmware that was just a week before this post.

I have noticed that no matter what memory card i insert formatted wiped etc. as soon as the card starts having to recycle (eg delete files to save the next) it seems to start having issues with gps not found, and freezing. the freezing is the screen not going into the screensaver mode eg no speedo. I have also noticed it only shows the compass as North east, South east, North west and South west. it never shows N, E, S, W. that's a pain...

I have found a update on the SpyTech site https://spytec.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/5000257346 but think that might not be as uptodate as its last updated well before I bought the camera. Modified on: Tue, May 5, 2015 at 8:57 PM...

Dont think its a hardware fault as it only happens when the memory cards full. the update went on and has improved some things like video stream is smoother and other bits seem to be more useable menus etc work better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Koonlung 13
Back