K1S "Recording started" then "recording stopped"

Peter Wilson

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0801 DashCam and Blackvue DR550GW, iPhone 4S.
I have sorted the interruption part by wiring up a socket that only powers on when the engine has actually started eg from with a relay run from the alternator sense 12v output.

Lennyd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Signed up because of this thread. Just bought a k1s last week and I have even having issues from the word go. I spent ages running the cables and making everything as neat and discrete as possible so don't want to return it. Eventually I found if I hit the brakes then the unit restarted so I unplugged the rear camera and since then everything has been running fine just without the use of the rear camera.

My question is, am I having issues with the rear camera related to the rear high level brake light coming on? Is this because I ran the cable through with the other cables (number plate lights, rear wiper and high level brake light)? Has anyone else experienced this?

danielbak

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Could use a ferrite core to filter out the interference. Worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImpliedConsent

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Koonlung K1S
Catching up on threads. Although my solution takes out many of the features, I am convinced that the processor/DVR (Ambarella 528MHz A7LA70 chipset) cannot handle the additional requirements of lane departure, falling asleep, blind side warning, speed tracking shutoff, (US) speed trap warning...etc. Turn all that crap off.
I only use GPS, speed and so far it's been running well. I still occasionally have missing video, but usually it's non critical.