K1S Screen Blank - Factory Reset

GaryM

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So, my K1S was working, and the screen was displaying the Two Camera's. I have been using the DVR for a few weeks without issue.

Today, the screen is blank, you can tell the unit is on as there is a slight color change to the screen at power on.

I would like to reset the DVR back to Factory Defaults, or perhaps a firmware upgrade will help.

Without being able to see the screen, I am not sure if the firmware upgrade prompts for comfirmation and if so how do I answer the prompt. I have the newest software, and it is in the Root of the SD Card.

The other option is a factory reset, but again without a screen, I would need the keystokes to make this happen.

So, could someone possibly give me some direction or path forward?

Gary

So, my K1S was working, and the screen was displaying the Two Camera's. I have been using the DVR for a few weeks without issue.

Today, the screen is blank, you can tell the unit is on as there is a slight color change to the screen at power on.

I would like to reset the DVR back to Factory Defaults, or perhaps a firmware upgrade will help.

Without being able to see the screen, I am not sure if the firmware upgrade prompts for comfirmation and if so how do I answer the prompt. I have the newest software, and it is in the Root of the SD Card.

The other option is a factory reset, but again without a screen, I would need the keystokes to make this happen.

So, could someone possibly give me some direction or path forward?

Gary

There's a reset button on the base of the unit.

I have tried that, but it doesn't seem to do a factory reset, it just seems to reset the device so it reboots.

Can you tell me if in the menu's is there an option to do a factory reset which I'm hoping will clear all the setting and put them back?

I have tried that, but it doesn't seem to do a factory reset, it just seems to reset the device so it reboots.

Can you tell me if in the menu's is there an option to do a factory reset which I'm hoping will clear all the setting and put them back?

There is a factory reset option in the system menu but I couldn't tell you how to get there without a screen. There is an AV out socket on the unit which may allow you to see the screen output on a different monitor (or maybe not).

The AV output doesn't seem to work as a console replacement.

If you have a device can you tell me which keys you have to press to get to the Factory Reset option, I can then follow the instructions by keying the keys you tell me to do the reset.

I'm hoping it just an option I set that has caused the contrast or something to become corrupt.

I assume the first key would be menu, then up/down arrow then okay, can you file in the details.

Gary

Switch unit on, Press Menu, Press Mode, Press Down Arrow three times - this gets you to the reset options. The options are Reset or Cancel but I can't test them without risking resetting my unit so you should try the first and if that doesn't work then Down Arrow to try the second. If that doesn't work you probably have a dead LCD screen.

Thanks, just to confirm, its

On, Menu, Mode, three down arrows, THEN OK to Select reset than its OK again to select Reset or Cancel.

I just want to confirm that OK has to be pressed.

Yes, OK has to be pressed for either option - reset or cancel.

This may not be good news but my AV Out displays my LCD screen on my TV fine (although the scaling is a bit off).

Good luck.

Thanks for all you time.

Your right if my AV Output is not displaying, I might have a worst problem.

Apparently a firmware upgrade needs confirmation after you switch on with the file in the root directory. You could always try switching on and pressing OK after 30 seconds or so.

I worked with INNOVV on the issue, there support was exceptional.

The gave me a firmware to install which has corrected all my issues, and allowed me to do a 'default setting' option.

Without the screen working, the firmware upgrade took a bit to figure out, but it was more 'take your time' and give it minutes to boot and 30 minutes to install and that workd.

So, things are working.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Koonlung 6
W Koonlung 3
Back