K1S screen very dull

Mattkaye

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi,
I installed my K1S dash cam today and noticed the screen to be extremely dull and unusable, has anyone else experienced this and how can it be fixed or do I have a faulty unit and need to contact the company that had sold me this unit?
Thank you for any help and guidance you may be able to provide

Personally I wouldnt use the LCD on the K1S to do anything other than confirming the cameras are aimed optimally, and for configuration changes. If you need to seriously need to view the video, use a PC/Mac.

from what i saw in the techmoan review video, i'd like to have the compass and speed display if i had a k1s.

i agree if your screen is dying, return it to the seller.

I have the Spytec K1S with firmware 178, and I can adjust the brightness and contrast of the screen. The compass and speed display is the so called screensaver mode function on the K1S (set the LCD timeout to whatever interval you want, and then enable Screensaver option, and after not pressing any keys for the specified interval, the screen will display compass, speed etc. This looks pretty cool if you have the DVR connected to an external display, or maybe an in dash screen. otherwise, I personally think the screen is too small to be effective for this display

I have the Spytec K1S with firmware 178, and I can adjust the brightness and contrast of the screen. The compass and speed display is the so called screensaver mode function on the K1S (set the LCD timeout to whatever interval you want, and then enable Screensaver option, and after not pressing any keys for the specified interval, the screen will display compass, speed etc. This looks pretty cool if you have the DVR connected to an external display, or maybe an in dash screen. otherwise, I personally think the screen is too small to be effective for this display
The compass built into my oem rear view mirror has digits only about 1cm tall yet I have no trouble reading it. My 6 year old daughter makes a game of reading it and telling me which way we're going, and she sits in the back seat.

I wouldn't use any dashcam as a replacement for my speedometer but it could be nifty to look at occasionally.

Personally I wouldnt use the LCD on the K1S to do anything other than confirming the cameras are aimed optimally, and for configuration changes. If you need to seriously need to view the video, use a PC/Mac.
i do think main device could be a brain of a front rear camera system

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Koonlung 11
W Koonlung 3
Back