K1S Speed Stamp

Ukase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Koonlung K1S, Blackvue DR380G-HD, Blackvue DR600GW, LS430W
Hello have just found this forum and some very interesting postings. I have a Koonlung K1S with all the options such as GPS, Red start button etc.

Have found a strange (maybe standard) action when recording video and displaying the files in Datakam and GPS Movie software. My unit is set up with the Screen Stamp ON and the Speed Stamp set to 40 mph. It appears that when 40 mph is reached the Screen Stamp stops displaying the speed (ok) but also the GPS co-ordinates for Google Mapping. In Datakam the mapping, speed and compass functions freeze at the last view at 40 mph. Only way out of this is to deactivate the Speed Stamp function.

Is this meant to be standard or have I set up the Screen Stamp parameters incorrectly?

the 40mph setting turns that off once you reach that speed, you can still have the speed stamp without having it cut out

Hello Jokiin,

Thank you for your reply. Have tried setting up the unit with various options for speed stamp and will use Screen Stamp ON and Speed Stamp OFF. This gives the option I require and am now getting the Google maps ok. I could have used Speed Stamp set to speed I am unlikely to drive at as another option but there did not seem to be any point. It would be better if just the speed is switched off, leaving the GPS co-ordinates and the software display giving tracking position but this may be possible or considered for future versions. I take the point that, with GPS co-ordinates displaying, the speed could be calculated.

Regards,

Ukase.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Koonlung 10
petepete Koonlung 1
Back