K1S - The First Front & Rear 1080p Hidden Dash Camera

I would prefer a larger main unit with 1 storage media for all cameras, and i would prefer to have the manuall file lock button and screen + microfone combined in 1 unit to be placed within reach of the driver.
But i fear the wire going to that main unit will be mighty thick with all the stuff that need to go thru it, unless ofcourse you digitize all the info and pass it thru a regular USB cable.

I would still like a link to a discussion on how a dual setup (a main cam or core item and a secondary lens/transmiter) is better than two single cams.
I feel two separate units are not only simpler to buy and install but also a safeguard; if one fails the other still records.

My target installation is two front cams (for wide angle without extreme distortion) and one rear center cam. As some of you may recall from deleted messages, this is not for road rage or accidents, but travels documentation.

I would still like a link to a discussion on how a dual setup (a main cam or core item and a secondary lens/transmiter) is better than two single cams.
I feel two separate units are not only simpler to buy and install but also a safeguard; if one fails the other still records.

Two cams = redundancy, more storage ability, and easier installation. (no thick wires to hide) I've sold quite a few X1's as a pair the last week. X1 Night performance blows away the K1S too. Don't forget about the Panorama Pre-Buffered motion detection (aka automatic parking mode)

Last edited:
I just popped these two links up in the other thread as a comparison.

K1S
https://app.dumptruck.goldenfrog.com/p/OBysUFNWsx

X2
https://truck.it/p/RgBZ_gVwsP

You can see quite big differences at night actually. The thing is some people want it to be discrete and so will go down the K1S route whereas I like quality. To be honest no matter what camera I buy I'll still want something better but currently the X2 is the best I've got in my collection.

The X2 is a bit weird in that even though it's one unit it's two separate units on the PCB, each with their own RAM, firmware, CPU, card slot and memory!

One big advantage of having two totally different cameras is that you can mix and match big time so they have their own strengths and weaknesses - for example video from Novatek cameras has a different feel to Ambarella cameras - hard to explain but they have their own video fingerprint if you will. Same with the CSR stuff. I've watched that many videos now that you can try and work out exactly what chipset is generating that video - definitely the sign of watching too many dash cam videos!

I've watched that many videos now that you can try and work out exactly what chipset is generating that video - definitely the sign of watching too many dash cam videos!

this was true also of DVD players, they each had their own colour palette, you could tell Zoran, Sunplus, MTK, AM Logic etc apart just by watching a bit of video, they each had their own style

I have rarely gotten that geeky with things, and when it come to dashcams there is ppl in here that will run circles around me.

Okay at one time i did swap out my computer a bit more often then a normal person would do, but i never scrapped the old computers, or rather i did but only when it was +2 generations old :D
And there have been times where i could tell you all the settings i had changed in my motherbord bios :rolleyes:
Allways had a old backup computer, witch is a good thing when you push them to speeds well over what they are meant to do.
The computer i am on now is the first one since 700 MHZ was fast thats not overclocked in any way, but it is fitted with a high end watercooling loop should i choose to push it one day.

I heard TCL also working on a dual 1080p 30fps based on CDV300X, maybe will have better price.

I heard TCL also working on a dual 1080p 30fps based on CDV300X, maybe will have better price.
I am pretty sure the quality will be worse than single cam if they are relying on the same chip to work on both channels.

I am pretty sure the quality will be worse than single cam if they are relying on the same chip to work on both channels.

would be a different chipset, there's a bunch of challenges with dual cam products still, you might notice nobody has a truly sorted dual 1080p product at this time

found a DashCam Viewer Working Good Showing MPH

factory settings do not allow MPH in the USA,
only KM data on the unit is displayed

Last edited:
Back