K2 firmware failed to update

JackalHack

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,

I bought my K2 in March from Richard at RKA-luggage. It worked flawlessly for a while - I went to extract some files for a recent ride and found that it had not cycled any captures since August. I also have a different phone now than I did when I set it up and hadn't connected the new phone to the device. I have NO idea what I had set the password to. I followed the article in https://innovv.co.uk/products/k2/innov-k2-technical-support/ about updating the firmware to get back to the default password for the wifi connection. I see none of the lights that were shown in the support video for the firmware update - only the GPS light blinks intermittently. Is my DVR now "bricked" ?

Thanks,
Jackal

Could be the memory card. Try doing the firmware update with a 32GB card. Try updating with the cameras unplugged if that doesn't work.

I removed the unit from the bike, on my desk with USB power. Using 16G class 10 card formatted on my PC as FAT32. Verified that I have the name only as K2.bin. No change in behaviour.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D K2 7
A K2 3
C K2 14
Back