K2 INSTALLATION ON SUZUKI ADDRESS 115

Azimuth

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Good day,

Since I really like dash cams as protection just in case some drivers act stupid, I plan to install this on a small commuter scooter.

I wonder if it is possible. For the mounting and wiring I could get it arranged.

However for the power consumption of the camera, I do have a doubts.

I just equipped my motorcycle with a full wave rectifier/regulator which maintains the battery voltage to 14.5V because it taps power from the engine for fast charging.

In addition to the camera, I plan to install few auxillary lights as well.

This is our battery:

Any good suggestions / comments?

The draw from the K2 camera is very low. I beleive the system only draws 30mA when the bike is running (far less than LED lights). I paused the video and the saw your battery is 6.3Ah/100CCA. It looks like the battery in my Ducati Scrambler is a 10Ah battery. I would definitely not recommend using parking mode on you scooter. I don't believe it will cause any problems when the bike is running. How often do you ride? Will it be sitting for long periods?

Hi Ryan,

I normally ride this for around 2-5 hours per day, the charging might not have issues.

For the park mode, I think I wont enable it. I have an anti-theft alarm as well so no worry with that. It doesn't consume that much battery either. The full wave addition is a blessing for me since now I don't have worries with my battery being discharged. What worries me is that maybe the K2 demands considerable amount of power which a low displacement scooter cannot supply.

2 channel Novatek 96663 it will draw somewhere between 220mAh and 280mAh @ 12v, will vary depending on wifi, GPS etc being active also

2 channel Novatek 96663 it will draw somewhere between 220mAh and 280mAh @ 12v, will vary depending on wifi, GPS etc being active also
That makes sense!

No, your battery is constantly charging when the bike is running. The camera system will not have any affect while the bike is running. The only concern is draw while the bike is off. That is why I recommended NOT using the parking mode.

I just got my INNOVV K2 Earlier, just wondering, does it support loop recording?

Also, can it record automatically upon motorcycle start-up even without the mobile phone connected on Wifi?

Yes it should be able to do both as far as i know.

I also see that the lights of the DVR is still on eventhough my bike is already parked. I disbaled the parkmode but still it occurs. Any suggestions on this?

Nevermind, my mechanic fixed some electricals on this and now it shuts down as long as you parked the bike. My battery remain at 15v too.

Glad you got it sorted out so easily, and thanks for sharing the solution with us!

Phil

Was wondering it is summer here but my K2 Camera DVR is really hot on a 1 hour ride. Any good ideas to solve it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D K2 0
Back