K2 INSTALLATION ON SUZUKI ADDRESS 115

Was wondering it is summer here but my K2 Camera DVR is really hot on a 1 hour ride. Any good ideas to solve it?

Move to Baguio?

:)

Seriously, battery at 15V when parked, not running. A little high?

When parked? No, in idling mode the voltage runs like 12.6v -13.7v. When running it reaches 15v. But my voltmeter has a -.5 error so always subtract the readings -.5.

Attached is my installation set up.

DVR inside the utility compartment
SiFPpA1.jpg

Front Camera:
DZqwjWM.jpg

Rear Camera:

gCD9Dyq.jpg

GPS:

Last edited:
I saw some forum where some guy put a heat sink on his K2, any good suggestion to cool the DVR down?

If you go to the thread, “DVR won’t turn off”someone posted their steps to reduce heat. They drilled holes in the metal heat plate of the DVR, and added a little 12 volt fan (I wonder if it was JUST a computer case fan).

Seems a bit complicated work which could void warranty. I am currently checking with some heat sink tapes, what do you think?

I don't think heat sink tape will last, considering all the vibration and movement over time, and of course the heat. Thermal epoxy would be the permanent choice. I'm also toying with the idea of using an old external hard drive case with a built-in fan. It will take up room of course, but will also offer some protection to the camera connection ports, where it has been reported by one person that the screws came out. I would be mounting it inside the rear trunk of my Goldwing.

As per checking at their website, camera could still operate at 70 degrees max, I doubt that heat on my bike reach that high. However, I'll try measuring the temperature of it to get the exact result.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D K2 0
Back