K2 shuts down instantly, then next day normal

OP
D

DesertBike

Reaction score
Country
United States
The car dashcam is also dual-channel (Viofo A129 Duo). So it's the best test I can arrange.

Received the new K2 power supply. No chance to install it yet. Swapping the power supply is not trivial, due to Innovv's decision to furnish only bare wire ends.

OP
D

DesertBike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Got the new power supply wired in. Only been on a handful of rides with it, but so far so good.

OP
D

DesertBike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Plenty of riding between last update and now, power supply is still working.

I've left it taped to the outside of the frame. Seems super unlikely that would have anything to do with anything, but who knows.

I'll leave it there for another couple of months just for giggles. It's supposed to be fully weatherproof after all, so should be fine. Just doesn't look that great.

OP
D

DesertBike

Reaction score
Country
United States

This is the placement I ended up with. Didn't want to take the chance that the power supply would malfunction again, should I place it inside the frame.

I did turn the power supply around. Originally, I had the wires exiting downward. The position shown allows more slack on all the wires. They are fully sealed at the junction with the case, so water intrusion shouldn't be a problem.

The black tape is self-amalgamating silicone. No adhesive left on the frame or power supply, if I need to remove the tape. Can be moved to see the frame label, if required.

With this placement, I can still see the blue LED if I look from the right way. It's actually easier to see in daylight than before, because it's shaded by the silicone tape.