K2000 with problem recording on a 32GB SD card

iLikeWaffles

Reaction score
Hi,

Great site with great info!!

Just wondering what I have. Paid $41.99 shipped. Here is the Ebay auction...Ebay

When I go into Menu>Version> it says...

K2000

That does not match any of the firmwares on your FAQ page. At start up I do get a car picture.

Here's the label...

IMG_20130404_215116_840.jpg

Here is the pic info...

Turnkey.jpg

Here are the internals...

My problem is that it will record 2-3 clips onto my Class 10 32GB card and then it will start recording smaller files that are corrupt. When I try to view them on the cam it just freezes.

It seems to do fine on my 2GB card but it only stores 3 clips at 3 minutes a piece.

So you think if I order a 16GB I should be ok? What do you think of my camera?

HERE is a ton of info about your cam including how to spot fakes. As per that page, it seems freezing is a problem. Maybe try a reset, and format the card in the camera. If that doesn't work try a class 4, 8 or 16 gb card.

Hi, I did check the FAQ before posting. In my post I state that I couldn't find my exact model in the FAQ.

Here is my firmware info.
IMG_20130405_063302_338_1.jpg

Also...I seem to have an FHD mode 1920x1080
IMG_20130405_063229_984_1.jpg

Is this thing considered a fake? What's the difference between DSC Turnkey and DV Turnkey?

I guess I will blow more money on a different smaller SD card and see if that helps. :x I already reset it a few times.

I have (nearly) the same one. In the few weeks I got it, it also once made a small corrupt file, but it's only done so once so far. All other recordings worked.
The FHD 1080P is pointless. The resolution of the .AVI is higher, but the quality is exactly the same as 720P, so in my opinion just a waste of storage.

Back