K2S dual channel fullHD 1080P hidden recording system

Maybe this is only 9V and is QC but is providing more current than it should for QC. I think USB PD would use 12/18V for 24W.
Maybe a USB Type C output would be preferable? After all, it is probably not for a dashcam, no dashcam needs 24W of power!

for 24V power input 18V or 20V is OK, for 12V car a buck converter can only output MAX 12V while driving. (0.5V pressure drop on 13.X V generator)

Indeed, the labels are not completely clear, perhaps 24W is the total power of the adapter 12V>5V over two ports (5V * 2.4A*2 ports)
*2.4 Amps - the maximum current allowed by the specification of USB-2.0
For Power Delivery according to the specification provides a power of 27 watts.

And the inscription QC may have meant simply fast charging in the sense that it has high power... or maybe just Quantity of Charging :p
...and these are just ports for the convenience of users to which additional gadgets can be connected, and the main port is a cigarette lighter socket, which is controlled by switches

it is QuickCharge 24W + USB 10W on different ports.
in fact, a buck-boost controller can output PD 100W (20V 5A) with Emark cable. (we ever used that 100W chip in the failed Power Kit project)
and all the output ports (cigar socket, QC USB, 5V USB) are controlled by switches.

I think since version 2 of USB-PD, it has required a USB Type C cable, and version 1 wasn't very popular since QC came first.

MAX capacity:
standard USB-A connector deliver 1.5A (no matter voltage)
wide pins USB-A connector deliver 2A
double-row pins USB-A connector deliver 3A (appear in some local cell phones, like OPPO and other)
standard UBS-C (typeC) deliver 3A with common C-C cable
standard UBS-C (typeC) deliver 5A with Emark C-C cable

I take it it's impossible to put the unit in the trunk/boot (cable length wise) ?

was thinking of getting 2 of those to create a 360° view, but a clean install will
only work if i can stow the screens in the back...

I can't remember the numbers, but one supplied cam cable reaches the entire length of my very long workvan so I'm certain it would be possible to mount the head unit in the trunk or boot in almost any car.

Phil

interesting. it doesn't seem to be much available yet here in europe but
a soon as amazon sells it i will buy to test

can anyone point me to a user review? (preferably someone who's been using the camera for a while now)
mainly interested in image quality, overheating issues, and if there are moments where te camera fails to film for whatever reason.

i downloaded the manual, but there's one thing that is unclear to me: is it possible to have both motion detection AND impact detection ON while in parking mode ?

No overheating issues on my test sample, image quality are a bit basic it seem but by no means poor in my eyes. But i dont think there have been any ajustments to the image quality such as ajustments to chsrpness or contrast.
As far as i can tell the ACC parking mode ( motion & G sensor ) are still not working with the OBD adapter, we testers was told to use the other options for those 2 and time lapse parking mode.

All my findings i have posted in my thread in here https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/k2s-received.37896/
But its not a review i am doing there.

ATM using the OBD adapter to "hard wire" some times the camera turn off, when it should transition from parking mode to normal mode, this happen every 2-3 times if a drive session have a few stops in it.
I wanted to change back to regular power as i dont really need parking mode for the side cameras ( i use the K2S as side cameras now )
But due to the infection in my leg the past month have been pretty tame in regard to getting things done.
But ! i am pretty sure on regular power the K2S do not miss a beat, it dident when i first tested that option too.

Bitrates are not overwhelming, i would like to see them a bit higher, but in my initial testing it captures readable plates as good as the Street guardian cameras in my car.

You have to use one of the parking modes, so motion / g - sensor or time lapse, as i recall you cant combine them.

thanks!

the clips you posted look pretty decent to me

pitty it doesn't do motion & g-sensor at the same time. I reall would need that...

I used to have a dual thinkware f750 & f770 in my car which created a 360° view. (rear cameras as side cams)
I then made the mistake to upgrade to the new Q800, which overheat all the time (they cost 400 eur...).
managed to return those to amazon and now looking for something else, as I no longer put faith in thinkware

Pretty much concur with Kamkar1. Much hotter here with no problems even recording 24/7 with the screen on, so that part works well. No OBD in my van and the ciggie adapter doesn't allow parking mode usage :( IMHO the vid quality is acceptable or better overall, you have to decide that for yourself. Mine has been totally reliable and with it's unique design it can be a good choice for you.

Phil

TBH i dont know, you was supposed to get the Audio from the GPS speaker if you hide the main unit deep, but i have never been able to get a sound out of that little "puck"
I am done house & dog sitting tomorrow evening and will be going home to my own place, i will try and tap the "puck" to see if that get recorded loud in the audio track.
Can not do a test now as i took my card reader home today among other things so tomorrow i just have my comuter and monitor to deal with.

pitty it doesn't do motion & g-sensor at the same time. I reall would need that...

I think this will help to answer your question:

parking guard.jpg

is the microphone in the gps dongle? (since they call it "GPS receiver microphone speaker")

There is GPS receiver + external speaker + external microphone in the GPS dongle.

the external speaker and microphone are designed there for a hidden installation where you may not get decent voice recording and replay.

GPS.jpg

THX Raynam, and nice to hear from you again,,,,, when you go silent for a month i worry about you.

Well, I couldn't wait and ordered one.
If it's as good as my present cameras I might order a 2nd one to create a 360°.
and if it turns out to be just "ok I might just keep it as side cams. together with my thinkwares
To be continued...

@Rayman.Chan I hear there is now K2S-PRO, with IMX291 sensors??

yes, K2S-PRO is a higher version of K2S, use IMX291 sensor and provided OBD driver

Back