K2S firmware formal release 2019.3.28

here is the 3d STP file of CPL holder for K2S cameras (mini0906/mini0906-PRO rear camera) for 3D printing.
we are using 1.2mm thick polarizer glass in the 3D design.

If you want to cut a polarizer yourself, please -- check the polarizer direction first, draw a reference line, then cut the polarizer to 35.9mm length 19.6mm width.
a mistake polarizer direction will not help to reduce the reflection.

Attachments

• cpl-holder.zip
    153.3 KB · Views: 9
here is the 3d STP file of CPL holder for K2S cameras (mini0906/mini0906-PRO rear camera) for 3D printing.
we are using 1.2mm thick polarizer glass in the 3D design.

If you want to cut a polarizer yourself, please -- check the polarizer direction first, draw a reference line, then cut the polarizer to 35.9mm length 19.6mm width.
a mistake polarizer direction will not help to reduce the reflection.
Wow!
You used Pro/ENGINEER for create this Part! Good choice))))
CPL_FILTER.jpg
I will have to modify the model before printing, because I have a different shape filter glass.
CPL_FILTER_CAMERA.jpg

There will be something like that...
CPL_FILTER_NEW.jpg

There will be something like that...
View attachment 49898

please be noticed the round CPL will interfere with your windshield.
then 2 choise:
1, cut the CPL glass
2, make a super thick heightening pad to instead the camera 3M pad.......

please be noticed the round CPL will interfere with your windshield.
then 2 choise:
1, cut the CPL glass
2, make a super thick heightening pad to instead the camera 3M pad
I already thought about it when I looked at the photo of the camera on the windshield.
0003.png
I'll either really trim the glass or shift the center of the circle.
CPL_FILTER_EX.jpg

we are in the same trade when working with proE :cool:

Yes my greatest worry would be the short distance to the window glass, not much room for CPL there, so you might need to use a dual layer of sticky tape, or something else to create more room in between lens ( barrel / housing ) and mounting surface.
I cleaned the side windrows where the K2S are mounted, and turning them 180 degrees to aim into the car made it fairly easy to clean glass and not get cleaner on camera lens.
It is paramount for me to be able to do this easy when cleaning windows, if i had CPL on the cameras i think i would have to take that off before turning all the way and cleaning.

I got this on my K2S today, seem to be doing well, but have to look over settings again when i remember to bring my reading glasses, cuz those menus / small screen are too small for my eyes now.

Has anyone else had a problem loading the new firmware?

Download K2S-FW-20200306.zip
Unzip
Moved FIRMWARE.bin to root of SD card
Insert SD card into K2S
Power up

Unfortunately, the K2S just starts up as normal. No firmware update :(

Am I doing something wrong? I have tried several attempts, including formatting the SD card and trying again.

Went down like a charm here, i used a 32Gb card not the 128 GB one i normally use in the camera.

So I tried this again today using my 128GB, 64GB and 4GB cards. Same result, just boots up as normal :-(

I have tried re-downloading the firmware, putting FIRMWARE.bin in the root, putting the zip in the root, reformatting and no, it refuses to update.

I will email @Rayman.Chan to see if he is able to help.

So I tried this again today using my 128GB, 64GB and 4GB cards. Same result, just boots up as normal :-(

I have tried re-downloading the firmware, putting FIRMWARE.bin in the root, putting the zip in the root, reformatting and no, it refuses to update.

I will email @Rayman.Chan to see if he is able to help.

Worked fine here, just placed the extracted firmware bin file on the root of a recently formatted SD card, inserted and turned it on and it updated. Strange update process though just lights flashing with no screen activity till it turns on after the update.

I like the fact that it now says that its starting parking mode recording instead of just starting recording :-D

I just made several attempts again but I cannot get it to upgrade :(

I have tried with ignition on and off, different size SD cards, cameras and GPS connected and not connected, resetting to factory defaults etc.

Formatted SD card with FIRMWARE.bin in the root....
Capture.JPG

Insert the SD card into the K2S and power on....

What am I doing wrong????

I just made several attempts again but I cannot get it to upgrade :(

What am I doing wrong????
What firmware are you trying to install?
Last modified.jpg

Have you flashed before and what is your current dashcam firmware?

The current version is K2S-FW-20190822V1

This was the version that was already on the K2S when I bought it from Combi UK. This is the first upgrade I have tried.

Aaa so it is a combi camera, that might be the problem if it have another loader than the factory K2S systems

??

Hi Kamkar1, liamstears also has his K2S from Combi and he has successfully performed the update.

Also, Combi sent me K2S 27-03-20-FW-COMBI-20200306.zip and I still cannot get it to update with this :-(

I have emailed Rayman.Chan but no reply :-(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L K2S 13
Rayman.Chan K2S 0
Back