K2S received

Their webpage is still up with phone numbers and an address: MEGTech and if you click on their "About" page there are more people in different positions who you might try to contact via email or phone. I just sent this to their sales supervisor "Sunny":

I am unable to get an email response from Rayman, and the people at "DashCamTalk" forum are concerned for him too since we haven't seen him there in months. One of us needs the knowledge of a product support person for a cam. Can you tell me if Rayman is OK?

Thank You,
Phil

I don't know that I can do much more to help with this myself. I will let everyone here know if I hear a reply from Sunny.

Phil

I have heard rumors some American have taken over ( the K2S ) system, and he is a new guy with on knowledge of dashcams, but i have no contact info / name or anything like that.

I have pulled the memory card of my K2S and will take a look at it later today, i flashed the latest firmware again a while back to see if it would do anything for my camera stopping recording when the memory card is full.

Hi Phil, thanks so much for your help.
i will send my message also to all the other addresses, but it' still strange that nonone replies at "service@"
let's see...

I only want to get your camera working properly if that's possible, and I regret that in my own beta-testing I could not check parking modes due to the need for an OBD2 port which my old 'bus' doesn't have :( Maybe I should have rigged up an adapter to simulate the OBD2 port so I could have done that; I'm sure it would be possible.

Phil

I had the OBD2 adapter, but they got changed as there was a issue with them and some times the camera would not come on.
Never tried the actual hard wire kit which i would prefer over any OBD thing.

My reports on this should also be in this thread somewhere.

i'm hardwired on a dashcam battery pack, but it's also very easy to piggyback on a fuse,
though you should put a high cut-off voltage as to not F up the battery

I've had several units from MEGtech and unfortunately none were reliable enough for me to use in my vehicles. The recording quality and features were OK, but the build quality (and subsequent reliability) were not.

Hi Phil, thanks so much for your help.
i will send my message also to all the other addresses, but it' still strange that nonone replies at "service@"
let's see...
no reply from ANYONE and my camera keeps freezing up, even when it's definitely no longer summer...

So stay far away from this product people!

Edited this message. I have discovered that Rayman Chan was on Skype within the last few days, so he's alive and the company presumably still in business. I still have another inquiry out there.

(Editing again to add that I've had similar news from another unrelated source.)

Last edited:
Hi Egon,Sorry for late reply, I have been very busy recently,by the way have you received the email from our colleague Sunny?

hello @Rayman.Chan , thanks for the reply.

can appreciate that you are busy , but my 1st mail was sent on the 15th of September...

Anyway let's move on:

i've scanned my entire outlook (incl spam) for messages from "@megcn.com" but have not received anything?

Pleased to hear
Krgds

Last edited:

can appreciate that you are busy , but my 1st mail was sent on the 15th of September...

Anyway let's move on:

i've scanned my entire outlook (incl spam) for messages from "@megcn.com" but have not received anything?

Pleased to hear
Krgds

Anyway let's move on:

Pleased to hear
Krgd

Anyway let's move on:

Pleased to hear
Krgds
1603849045185.png

Attachments

• 1603848977542.png
    1603848977542.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 10

Anyway let's move on:

Pleased to hear
Krgds
Maybe you mail box is full, she received two emails send back to her.

Maybe you mail box is full, she received two emails send back to her.

Hi Egon,please check your email. And here I put her email here for your reference. Anything ,please contact,thanks.

Dear Egon,
I am Sunny from Shenzhen MEG Technology Co.Ltd.

I am very sorry for the trouble taking you.

Since our product manager Rayman has been very busy, I reply you here.

For the question you mentioned below:

“I have a problem with my K2s where the unit freezes when using AAC timelaps + motion

(apparently no problem in AAC motion)”.

First, Till now there is no the same question feedback.

Second, and we tested the recording yesterday:

At the first time, in the AAC timelaps +motion,

it freezed after about half of hour recording since the card speed is low.

And we changed a high speed card class 10, in the AAC timelaps+motion also, it kept recording well.

---------

We suggest you upgrade the firmware first,

Below if the new firmware link https://we.tl/t-6tfaCvOjNS ,please download it.

And please help check below question:

Could you check your card and test the card speed ?

What’s brand card you using and what’s storage 64GB or 32GB?

How long it has been used ?

Have you formatted the card every half of month ? If not, please format it every half of month.

Have you tested to record with a new card ?

If after you checking and test, there is something wrong, please contact us feel free.

Sorry for any troubles again.

Best Regards,

Sunny Chin

Shenzhen MEG Technology Co.,Ltd

www.megcn.com;www.mini0906.com

www.camdii.net

Tel: 0086 (0) 755 3283-8169

Fax: 0086 (0) 755 2770-5969

Mail:Sunny@megcn.com Skype:Sunny@megcn.com

Mob: 0086 13603015413

Hi Sunny

to answer your questions:

We suggest you upgrade the firmware first, - IM ALREADY ON THE LATEST FW

What’s brand card you using and what’s storage 64GB or 32GB?
I HAVE USED SANDISC EXTREME 64GB CLASS 10 & 128GB ULTRA CLASS 10
BOTH CARDS WORK WITHOUT PROBLEM IN MY THINKWARE U1000

How long it has been used BOTH ARE NO OLDER THAN 4 MONTHS

Have you formatted the card every half of month ? I HAVE FORMATTED AGAIN 2 DAYS AGO (IN THE CAMERA)
(BUT PLEASE NOTE THE PROBLEM STARTED RIGHT FROM WHEN I FIRST STARTED USING THE CAMERA)

Have you tested to record with a new card ? YES, SEE ABOVE

I shall be pleased to hear

(i have also forwarded the above via my gmail email to your sunny@.. address)

Krgds

Below is our engineer reply:
The picture is yellow because the lens has been hot-plugged out, which means that the rear lens is inserted in the recording.It will be back to normal after the restart.This is common at the beginning of installation.
The crash screen that is the rear lens signal problem. please check if the 6m extending cable is flattening and excessive bending
Please check , thank you.

Hello. sorry, but i don't fully understand your message, are you sure this is meant for me ..?

I sent a message to Sunny today who replied that their engineer is very busy at the moment.... so another month has passed without any solution..

in the meantime i kept testing things myself: tried all sort of memory cards, reconnected the cables, connected directly to the cigarette lighter (ie WITHOUT hardwire kit), but nothing works.

I spent waaaaaaay to much time on a product that should just work, without having to think about it!

Luckily i only use them as side cams.. but warn everybody not to use these as main cams.

My K2S was caught in a "bootloop " today, so it was constantly saying recording started, with like 10 seconds in between, i think once again i have to put a new memory card in it, will examine closer tomorrow.

Back