K2S received

Mine work "fine", but it do look as if after a while it get into a argument with the memory card, and so i replace it even if i am not able to detect / test and find any errors with the memory card.
The card i have mainly used in it is the red & black trancend premium 400x cards, and others was moving away from that model for a reason.

But yeah there are always the chance of a off camera, with a issue others might see, or in my case with my SG9663DR camera a issue no one have ever seen before.
This is where the maker should step up, and in the case of my DR camera SG have also offered to replace it even though they sent it to me for free to test, so i turned that down as it is just wifi connection that do not work for me, everything else seem fine.

I know this is a couple of years old, but man -- I missed this thread entirely. I had the original "KxS", the K1S from Koonlung. From the start it had problem with the USB connectors. Once that was resolved('ish), the thing just started going wonky, overheating, missing frames (lots of frames), reboots, stupid low volume, etc.... I held onto it for 4yrs, just not even paying attention to it, I was so fed up and sold the car with it installed.

Now, this thread on the K2S (obvious "upgrade" of K1S) and besides USB connectors, exhibits nearly the same problems. The GUI is a bit different, but overall the exact same camera.

Here's my very old video

I think the K1S wasent that a motorcycle camera ?
But yeah the main unit look very much the same aside for button markings, the K1S was it also using USB C plugs ?
The K2S i have are also 2 different cameras, the slightly newer model have 2 similar IMX 291 sensor cameras.

It seem like my K2S have reached its end of life, it do look as if it is working but looking at the memory card it had not recorded for a while.
Memory card tested OK, but i have thrown in a now one just the same

It could be more of the same as listed above, i will keep a closer eye on it, while i look for a alternative side system to deploy.

extremely unreliable camera

I'm still very happy with my 2x dual cam setup - highly recommend

Indeed, even if i dont often go for side camera footage, i kind of like it is there,,,,, that is if the camera worked properly.

I am not putting my Sg9663DR cameras in the side windows, i have other plans for that model.
So if the K2S are truly done for now, i guess i will just have to be without for a while as i am PT diverting all available funds towards other things.

Okay it is official, my K2S system are dead, it record at random, and for some strange reason some 3 minute segments it choose to record as time lapse.

So i think i better start getting used to not having side cameras, which i think i am able to do with ease, it is not the cameras i have gone for most often for footage.

K2.. in the end as crap as the k1
Pitty as they make for a very clean install with the remote lenses

yes best remote camera unite, i think used 8 mm lens, dont think there are room for regular m12 lens.
whatever lens worked fine

K2.. in the end as crap as the k1
Pitty as they make for a very clean install with the remote lenses
Yeah I agree, I returned to K1 within a week, strangely they still work. OBDII power died within 15 Minutes of connecting :( Never received replacement. Video OUT and OBD can't be connected at same time.

I also installed MiVue J85+A30 for testing in other car, damn I miss that small package of K1S/K2S

My perfect solution would be, K2W (K2 Wireless), where You will be able to connect to existing WiFi as Client (Who doesn't have WiFi Hot Spot in car now) and an app that can DL videos of completely Hidden DVR part of set. No need for Display and as I have Video in (Both HDMI and Composite) on my Head unit, I am more than satisfied. Cost would be lower as there is no display, only one Button WPS for initial Setup 802.11n on 2.4Ghz 30Mbit would be more than enough. SD card Up to 256GB support.

Common GPS trackers are 3-5USD WiFi extender is <3 USD, I can't believe that making no display wireless Dashcam would be that hard. If someone wants to record road trips, then 4k+ Action camera is used not dashcam :(

K1S saved me in court number of times over the years.

Back