Kamkar1 feedback thread

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Please do not post in here, PM me comments if need be.
Provided hardware used & latest firmware

So in the past days of tesating i have had a few problems with the T3, but the camera now seem to be recording just fine.

The problems as i have experienced them:
1: all settings are not available or usable for instance if i change to 1 minute video segment size the camera stop to record after 3-4-5 full files + a 1 second file ( most often from all 3 cameras but some times the 1 second file from the rear camera is not there, also when the camera stop recording in this way there is no alarm. ( buttons do start to flash and the red dot on the LCD screen also go away )
Same instability happen if i choose H.265 encode.
The issue are probably also there if i choose other settings.

2: Alarm beep are very low, as it is something you should not hear often i would say it should be as loud as possible, volume of startup and shut down chime are fine.

3: I have experienced a few cases of the camera not starting up and record when i start my little gasoline car, i have added a 5 second boot delay and this seem to have fixed that issue ( normally i have not used boot delay before on any camera )

4: There also seemed to be a problem with the cable to the rear camera, i have temporarily fixed this by using the rear camera cable from a SG9663DC camera.

5: The Light in the buttons are very weak, in daylight even a day with cloud cover and so not full sunshine the light are impossible to see.

6: I have experienced a single case of files dated with a future date, but this was in the early days this issue have not been there lately.

7: In the first days i also had some GPS issues, i am not sure if the reset to default + reset button press fixed that alone, or if it was also a result of the issues i had with the original rear camera wire. ( now GPS seem to be fine )

The working settings i use:
Default settings /

H.264 encode
3 Minute video size
Highest possible bitrate
WDR ON
G-sensor OFF
+2 Hours time zone

I think using any bitrate are okay but i have not yet tested this
WDR ON or OFF also seem to be okay
Any time zone are probably okay too.

Due to the problems in the start my testing of different memory cards will have to start all over, but the latest days where the camera have been working perfect with the settings i have used my 256GB Kingston canvas plus memory card that seem to work fine, it filled up 2 days ago and are now recycling old files to make room for new recordings.

I am pretty sure several of my test memory cards will work fine in the T3 now i have narrowed down what caused me problems, so in the end of this week i will take out the Kingston card and try other memory cards again.

Looking forward to test a new firmware, and if Zenfox could mail a new rear camera cable that would be nice, the one i use now will be used in my friends car when i install my old SG9663DC in his car.

Last edited:
So today i figured what if i used a shorter segment size ( normally i use 3 min )
So i changed to 1 minutes on the gas station and set off for home, and wouldn't you know the first 5 minutes was recorded just fine, and i got my hopes up ( using the kingston A1 card )
But after the 5 minutes the recordings stopped and i manual had to start recording again, which i also did.
Then when i got back home and parked i wanted to see the error MSG the camera put up in blue when it stop, so i let my car idle and took the T3 off the mount so i could better see the screen when the MSG came.
BUT ! the MSG never came, so i sat there for 2 minutes or so with the camera in the hand, then i put it back on the mount, and it still recorded several more minutes with no error.
But normally when the camera stop recording like that it keep it up, at least it did yesterday where i started the camera again 10 times or so for my +30 Km drive to my friends house ( then using the sandisk endurance card )

So i made a video of the whole deal today, first screen recorder of the file structure on the memory card for my drive home.
It seem like when it stop it do create a 3330 KB file ( lowest bitrate front camera ) but i am not sure if that is part of the file it just tried to save, or part of the next file it then try to record but then fail.
But anyway the camera stopped recording 3 times on my drive home. and every time i can see a 3330 KB file from the front camera.

O and i can see the GPS error is back, probably after i have taken the whole camera apart, so time to reset things again to get that back in working order.

Last edited:
Back