Kamkar1 footage.

Maybe its the speed too, i dont think you are doing 50 MPH / 80 km/h right there.

But is is "funny" with these cameras, ATM there is allso a fjew x cam owners that are experiencing out of the ordenary issues.
A fjew have problems using 64 Gb cards, i use that in 2 of my cameras and i have no problems at all.

I am allso having a hard time replicating your SG9665GC issues, i try the best i can troving all manner of stuff at it, but i cant get it as much over the top as you did.

I do think my mobius is a original one, i got it off joovuu i think back in the day.

Maybe its the speed too, i dont think you are doing 50 MPH / 80 km/h right there.

But is is "funny" with these cameras, ATM there is allso a fjew x cam owners that are experiencing out of the ordenary issues.
A fjew have problems using 64 Gb cards, i use that in 2 of my cameras and i have no problems at all.

I am allso having a hard time replicating your SG9665GC issues, i try the best i can troving all manner of stuff at it, but i cant get it as much over the top as you did.

I do think my mobius is a original one, i got it off joovuu i think back in the day.

I guess speed could be an issue. I don't have any other archived Mobius footage to look at for the moment. I'll keep an eye on it but I don't seem to experience what is happening in your footage. Maybe it does have something to do with the card? The footage shown was on a Transcend 32GB class 10. FWIW, the camera is a V2 PCB with a B lens.

As far as the SG9665GC issues are concerned, some of your examples certainly did show the exact same high contrast problem, although perhaps not quite so bad. Probably that is a discussion best left to the thread on that subject though.

Last edited:
I have a transend premium in mine 64Gb sdxc class 10 / U1, the red and black one, think it say 400X on it too,
With the new USB 3.0 card reader it offload footage like a greased lightning :cool:

Mine is the old A PCB ( i recon its a couple of years old by now ) have the B lens on it from the factory.

Focus might not be dead on ATM as i have tried some things with that camera, i will need to get one of those charts to focus on to do it any better.

Okay i got some new footage, it is however a little experiemntal as i have been naughty ;)

I have replaced the original x cam lens on one of my cameras with a 8 mm lens to get little more reach.

So here is 2 videos, one with the original lens and the default 155 degree setting in the camera, the other is with the 8 mm lens and the 155 degree setting in the camera.
The 8 mm lens is a cheap one but i think it is a megapixel one, and since i dont have a micro HDMI adapter i have tuned in the lens by trial and error, and i think it is focussed a little short as it is now.

https://mega.nz/#!nx5TAKLT!jv_-lPH2pRzV4i7guVz-8dhczOHYOSarx9FgCmzcxTw

https://mega.nz/#!C8BzST4Y!mPyXrYwjaewsCpPAoehfsq_GtB85mlEQhbEtS00XzZo

What happen with the 8 mm lens is as you can see the FOV is much narrower, but in the footage you can read the plate at the same distance as i could do with my own eyes while i was driving the car.

I need to get my hands on a good 8 mm lens, cuz its what i want in regard to more forward "power"

Do we still have access to the high bitrate mods that were published @ joovuu community boards?

The board is inaccessible ..... I thought I stored them somewhere, but can't find them anymore....

I am pretty sure i had many more firmwares for the X cam, but i can only find 3 now :confused:
But i have had all my bare hard drives thru my hard drive dock and i cant find more.

I am pretty sure i had many more firmwares for the X cam, but i can only find 3 now :confused:
But i have had all my bare hard drives thru my hard drive dock and i cant find more.

Three? The link shows only one? Did I misunderstand?

Anyway, no problem, I found the sept 27 - 2016 version, I looked everywhere, eveything JooVuu, guess where it was.... download map.... :oops:. It is the 23 sept 2016 firmware - modified 38 28 18 version. I also downloaded more, AND tried them all, not extensively, but still.... WHERE ARE THEY... ?? :unsure:

I'll store them away safely now.

Do you know if the 27-02 - 2017 is better than sept 27 - 2016? Is that the actual release date, or your download date?

I'v got mine bench~running today without one hickup @38MB/s in 1080/30HDR setup, and one minute loop files, and some 40 minutes ago I changed to 1080/60 (WDR on), would be interesting what that brings... No issues yet... (y)

Besides I took out the 128GB Samsung EVO U3, and inserted and reformatted a 64GB Samsung EVO U1 C10 card.....

I NEVER tried the one minute setting, and since @BCHobbyist advised the short file option, I just wanted to know, and it keeps my brain away from the ugly future ahead for a while....

no the date is when i got it on my computer.
I just found a bit more stuff, but it is scattered all over, will throw it all in a folder for you.

https://mega.nz/#!3wIUlQTC!cAzdwnSJZyAaoyOI_8mdtKj9bJLarJpt2xIhK_M_8-U

For the last year at least with my X cam i ran with the 30 mbit firmware

Cool, thanks. Have the information text files survived?

Interesting to see you still have the 45 (!) MB/s version..... can't wait to test that one again in 1 minute setting ....

only with the 2 modified files from 23 sep and 26 nov

Managed to find these in download folders backed up for OS change and hard drives dying on me.
I think the original folder with all of the official firmware's have been formatted by mistake as it have not been those hard drives that have died on me.

As i have said for a few decades now " i really need to backup my stuff"

No i think it was fine too, i cant recall any of them doing anything but create huge 3 minute files, i think it was the Nov 26 firmware i used on the 28 mbit setting.

No i think it was fine too, i cant recall any of them doing anything but create huge 3 minute files, i think it was the Nov 26 firmware i used on the 28 mbit setting.

OK I'll keep that in mind, I just want to get rid of this flickering and blocking. Besides, it's fun to fiddle around with it once more...:D

PS, have you had problems with the X choking on 128 - U3 cards?

Before I dive in, do you also have the elf files?

I have only tried 64 Gb cards in that camera.
My feeling is the elevated bitrates of the MOD firmware's did a lot of good for the blocking we otherwise see in all cameras when the brains cant keep up with all the information that need processing.
It is my highest wish for dashcams to get higher bitrates then the 18 - 20 mbit we see as MAX nowadays.

As i recall the .elf files was only there with some of the original firmwares
searching my whole computer for .elf files i did find one from a official 15 -07 2016 firmare

As i recall the .elf files was only there with some of the original firmwares
searching my whole computer for .elf files i did find one from a official 15 -07 2016 firmare

Right, if something goes wrong with flashing the mods, can I use the elf to get back to original fw?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA JooVuu 30
JooVuu JooVuu 6
kamkar JooVuu 253
Back