Keep getting 'SD Card Error' warning although SD is OK...

Cr4z33

Reaction score
Country
Italy
So I've got a 70Mai 70 Minutes dashcam flashed with the English firmware.

However although I am 100% my SD card is fine (Samsung MB-MC32GA/EU EVO Plus) and free from physical damage the device keeps saying the 'SD Card Error' message after some minutes.

Please note also that this issue doesn't happen everytime.
In fact I've to switch off and on the dashcam to get rid of it.

Any idea of how to solve it?? :unsure:

have you tried another card?

just because it passes a health check in your PC doesn't mean it's ok for use in your camera

Oops sorry forgot to say that yes I already tried with four different (high quality / high speed) SD cards.

if all cards give you problems then it's likely a hardware problem, talk to the seller about getting it replaced

if all cards give you problems then it's likely a hardware problem, talk to the seller about getting it replaced
Well the fact is that recordings are OK otherwise how would the reader /writer be able then to work? :D

Can't it be a firmware bug?

Indeed. :unsure:

Well I will keep it as it is because it would cost me more money and time shipping it back (GearBest) than waiting for the next 70Mai dashcam hehe.

Thanks for your help.

I have the same problem. The SD is new and error free but sometimes the dashcam starts with red led.
I am pretty sure it is a firmware problem, probably when the dashcam shutdowns while recording, sometime it brokes the video file or the filesystem.
A simple reboot fix the issue but it is quite annoying.

It happens on both 70mais I have, both have firmware 1.0.5, international version.
Hoping to solve this problem, I am trying to manually upgrade to 1.0.7 since the app doesn't find any update available.

Last edited:
I confirm I have solved this issue, on both my 70Mai cams, flashing the 1.0.7 international firmware!

I can confirm this too

How do you flash new firmware? I can't even start the cam without the camera formatting it first. Then when I turn it off and on again it tells me I don't have a class 10 (I have) card

Hi!
Looks like I have the same issue.
I have an Chinese Midrive D01 camera, and it says "Please insert TF card" on every power on.
Here is what I tried so far:
- Buy a new SD card - result the same, "Please insert TF card" on every power on.
- Buy a new camera (D06), both the old and the new SD cards are working perfectly with the new camera
- Update the old camera to a new firmware from this topic. I went through all of the firmwares I found there from 1.0.3 - 1.0.8eu, all successfully updated from the SD card, but after I restarted the camera the same "Please insert TF card" message came back. Every time I checked the version number form the APP, always the correct one was displayed. I can format the SD card from the app with every firmware, but after the formatting, it still says "Please insert TF card".
- Tried to downgrade the firmware to the first one, and update the firmwares again.
- Tired to install all firmwares 2 times (I saw on other threads, once it solved an issue for somebody)
- Plugged my camera into a computer, Windows detects the camera as a card reader, I can copy form/to files to any SD card via the camera without an issue, but if I restart the camera in normal mode, it still always says "Please insert TF card".

I think it can be a hardware issue, I disassembled the camera, but I did not saw any issues with naked eye, and I hope this is just some old caps issue.

Do anybody solved this issue, or have an idea what should I try to fix this?

Hi!
Looks like I have the same issue.
I have an Chinese Midrive D01 camera, and it says "Please insert TF card" on every power on.
Here is what I tried so far:
- Buy a new SD card - result the same, "Please insert TF card" on every power on.
- Buy a new camera (D06), both the old and the new SD cards are working perfectly with the new camera
- Update the old camera to a new firmware from this topic. I went through all of the firmwares I found there from 1.0.3 - 1.0.8eu, all successfully updated from the SD card, but after I restarted the camera the same "Please insert TF card" message came back. Every time I checked the version number form the APP, always the correct one was displayed. I can format the SD card from the app with every firmware, but after the formatting, it still says "Please insert TF card".
- Tried to downgrade the firmware to the first one, and update the firmwares again.
- Tired to install all firmwares 2 times (I saw on other threads, once it solved an issue for somebody)
- Plugged my camera into a computer, Windows detects the camera as a card reader, I can copy form/to files to any SD card via the camera without an issue, but if I restart the camera in normal mode, it still always says "Please insert TF card".

I think it can be a hardware issue, I disassembled the camera, but I did not saw any issues with naked eye, and I hope this is just some old caps issue.

Do anybody solved this issue, or have an idea what should I try to fix this?
This is clearly a hardware problem.. Is everything okay with your diet? Have you tried using a smartphone charger (at least 2 amps)

This is clearly a hardware problem.. Is everything okay with your diet? Have you tried using a smartphone charger (at least 2 amps)
Yes I tried with different wall adapters, and car chargers, from 5watts to 30watts, with different length cables. The results always the same.

Back