Keeps stopping recording

dieselal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks just got a 422gw yesterday all setup apart from alexa cannie seem to get her to connect to the dashcam :( today the recording only lasts for 8 to 10 seconds then stops or randomly itll record for 10 to 15 mins I have removed the sd card formatted it on my pc and tried another sd card. first card was a 64Gig the second was my pals 128Gig card from his nextbase and still the same, you roll a dice if you get a 6 itll behave. must say not that impressed with the dashcam so far I use my hot spot on my phone a lot and that seems to make the dashcam lockup and have to press the reset button to get it to re start. the footage it has saved to the sd card is duplicated in HD and SD so fills the card quickly and can only pair 1 phone at a time (total pain in the buttocks ) I am about ready to put it back in the box and hit halfords with the "sales of goods act" very unimpressed with the dashcam so far no confidence its actually doing what I paid for may go back to my £20 ebay cam pain to get the footage off but was reliable

I'd take it back to halfords tbh, either get a full refund or swap for a replacement

I had some hassle when I got my 422gw earlier in the year, tried using the high endurance card from a previous dashcam (I forget the brand}, then a samsung high endurance. both would work for a short while then stop recording or large gaps in recordings.
Last try was a Nextbase 128 gb card, before returning it, the card and camera have worked perfectly since. As for Alexa I think she is deaf or stupid, I gave up on her. Not saying a nextbase card will solve your problem, it solved mine.

Hi folks just got a 422gw yesterday all setup apart from alexa cannie seem to get her to connect to the dashcam :( today the recording only lasts for 8 to 10 seconds then stops or randomly itll record for 10 to 15 mins I have removed the sd card formatted it on my pc and tried another sd card. first card was a 64Gig the second was my pals 128Gig card from his nextbase and still the same, you roll a dice if you get a 6 itll behave. must say not that impressed with the dashcam so far I use my hot spot on my phone a lot and that seems to make the dashcam lockup and have to press the reset button to get it to re start. the footage it has saved to the sd card is duplicated in HD and SD so fills the card quickly and can only pair 1 phone at a time (total pain in the buttocks ) I am about ready to put it back in the box and hit halfords with the "sales of goods act" very unimpressed with the dashcam so far no confidence its actually doing what I paid for may go back to my £20 ebay cam pain to get the footage off but was reliable
With the Alexa I had the same problem with my 522 a few days ago when I set it up. What stage are you having trouble with linking the account? If so are you using Chrome browser to access the Amazon page?

Hi @dieselal Can honestly say this is the exact same issues I'm having. Had the thing for about a year and the kit is rubbish. Still stops recording every now and then with the nextbase card. I'd also prefer the £40 ebay x-brand spesh over this any day.

Back