Kenwood DRV A601 & RCA 200 rear camera resolution

dextrious

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Am considering the Kenwood DVR A601with additional RCA 200 rear view cam.
It's stated the resolution of the 601 front cam is diminished when the rca 200 rear view camera is connected but I cannot find just how diminished the video resolution of the 601 is any experiences please?
I was opting for nextbase models but have read many comments here and other reviews about the cams record issues freezing,restarting,problems with sd cards etc.
I guess all cams are not perfect but nextbase seem to be problematic although a market leader and innovator.

Last edited:
not familiar with the 66W from Garmin, but say it do 1440p just the front camera, then it might drop to 1080p

Though on most other cameras when you run the front alone you can moist often do the native resolution at 66 FPS, but then connecting a rear camera the FPS on the front camera can only be 30.
Any resolution below 1080p should not be considered by anyone.

I am considering this camera, reading about it.
Found discussion about your question in this thread, thought is from a year ago.

And this other, more fresh, talks about some other glitches

Last edited:
Welcome to DCT @laszlo.nyiri.sz :)

Not much discussion of Kenwood cams here as they seem to have too many unresolved issues. All cams have some kind of issue(s) so the trick is to find one where your usage isn't adversely affected. Time has taught the members here that recording reliability is paramount over all other things, because a cam which is not recording does nothing for you. The cams we recommend are as reliable as seems to be possible; not 100% but very close. I've seen too many reports of failure to record with Kenwood for me to be comfortable recommending them. There are certainly some worse choices but there are also better ones.

Phil

Back