Kepp the WiFi on

zom

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Have had my DR500GW 2CH for a while and I like the way it works except that it turns the wifi off after about 10 mins every time. Is there any way to have the WiFi on all the time?

Why do you want it on all the time You only need it on to look at shots after they have happened and not when moving. (illegal to look at )

I only ever use it occasionally to alter settings. Don't usually have it turned on anyway.

You are after all looking at what the camera is and have a rearview mirror for that end. LOL

I am not an idiot. I have my reasons, and none of the ones you list. Does anyone have an answer instead of more questions?

No and the DR 500 GW is a single channel camera anyway

My bad. It is a DR550GW. So maybe a little bit of an idiot who can't type ...

Only the custom firmware has the ability to leave the wifi turned on permanently.

However, be aware that the firmware is quite buggy, and can cause stuttering, loss of sound or even cause the camera to lock up.

So, if you want wifi as a priority over reliability... then yes, install the custom firmware. If not, then stick with standard :)

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. I have read good reports and bad reports about the custom software here so wasn't sure about the risk.
Also the Wi-Fi setup with the custom software looks a bit complicated. Too many dragons there ...

I'm having a problem getting the camera to recognize wifi. The instruction manual is useless! How do you activate the wifi so the camera will communicate with the phone?

Turn camera on enable wifi on the phone let it be seen type in blackvue for the password. Done

Back