Keyless entry doesnt work after dash cam install with power magic pro

Crise1123

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just recently installed my cobra 2216d dual dash cam in my 2014 chevy cruz. I ran power off my interior fuse box. My constant power is coming from an unused fuse and my accessory power is coming from the cigarette lighter fuse. The power is running to my power magic pro unit and then to the camera itself. Everything works as it should with the camera and the power magic unit but my factory keyless entry remote for the car does not work at all when the power magic unit it on. As soon as i turn the power magic box off my remote works again. Any ideas? I tried using different fuses for power but its always the same result.

common problem with a lot of Chevrolet models, check how you have run your rear camera cable

try disconnecting the rear camera and see if you still have the same problem with the keyless entry, if you do have a look at where the power wiring is run

Alright so i gave it a try and nothing. But i found something interesting. First i unpluged the rear camera from the plug connecting to the camera itself.. nothing, then from the plug connecting to the front camera, nothing. I left the power magic unit on and pulled the power plug out of the front camera and my keyless entry remote instantly started working. I was thinking maybe its the power cable going to the front camera but i cant be because the power magic unit is still on. So its got to have something to do with the front camera. Im thinking either the camera is interfering somehow with the keyless remote signal or maybe its something to do with the amount of currant the camera is drawing. What are your thoughts?

I had this issue with multiple cars. I ended up buying a ton of 3M EMF material lol...

Ferrite core on the power cable. EMF material (adhesive backed) Around the cigarette socket of the PMP. EMF inside the dashcam (I rip apart all of my dashcams and do this lol).

Back