Keyless entry system issue with 9663dcpro

cocacola

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Just purchased and installed another 9663dcpro on my new 2020 Corolla zr with the hard wire kit. I found that the keyless entry system is not working well like it was before. Every time I have to take the key out from my pocket or press the unlock/lock button several times to unlock or lock the car.
I believe the dash cam is interfering the keyless entry system. Never had this issue on my previous cars. I tried to add the ferrite bead On the rear cam cable, taped different fuses, different ground points. How can I solve the issue?? Thanks.

That’s means rear cable, or front/rear camera is too close to the key fob antenna. (Could be hardwire location as well technically) You’ll need to ask your dealer where the key fob antenna is located exactly and then move things around. Start with easy stuff like unplug rear camera. Unplug hardwire from fuse taps and test with cig power. Move front camera so it’s off the mount as far away front it’s current spot as possible as a test. The rear cable might need to be relocated to the other side for example after you determine if that was it

Hard to believe there is an interference in this case. I can only think of car battery partial depletion.

However you may try to unplug the cables (don't uninstall, just unplug) and see what happens.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

That’s means rear cable, or front/rear camera is too close to the key fob antenna. (Could be hardwire location as well technically) You’ll need to ask your dealer where the key fob antenna is located exactly and then move things around. Start with easy stuff like unplug rear camera. Unplug hardwire from fuse taps and test with cig power. Move front camera so it’s off the mount as far away front it’s current spot as possible as a test. The rear cable might need to be relocated to the other side for example after you determine if that was it
Just went down to the car park and unplugged the rear cam from the cable. The keyless entry system works again! As long as I plug the rear cam back, the issue happens again!
There is a shark fin antenna on the roof close to the back of the car, it could be the antenna for the radio and keyless entry system maybe. So even if I change the wire routing location down to the floor then back to the top won’t help.

I like SG so much, I don’t want to buy another brand!!

Hard to believe there is an interference in this case. I can only think of car battery partial depletion.

However you may try to unplug the cables (don't uninstall, just unplug) and see what happens.

Tested the battery voltage which is 12.x. So it is not the battery.

Wrap the USB cable in aluminium foil.

Only the "proximity" section.

It's most likely the rear camera itself (from the CMOS sensor) and it would happen with any rear dashcam, doubt it's the heavily shielded wire but possibly if you can confirm.
Try shifting the rear camera lower or off to the left and right. You can use your unused second rear cable that was in the box to loosely connect it as a quick test.

Especially with a rear cam central mounting isn't really necessary since your front cam will show your lane location. None of my 3 rear cams is centered but all still show everything I might need. Not sure how far you'll need to go to eliminate the issue but even if you have to move the cam to one edge you'll be OK with getting the views you may someday need ;)

Phil

Just tried to wrap foil, not much help. Also loosely connected the longer cable hanging down to the floor rather than the roof liner, no interference to the keyless entry system. Have to reroute the cable again.........!

Just tried to wrap foil, not much help. Also loosely connected the longer cable hanging down to the floor rather than the roof liner, no interference to the keyless entry system. Have to reroute the cable again.........!
I missed that part, initially. Run the cable through the floor/door step/door pillars covers, only raise it at the rear end to reach a decent height for the camera.

Have to reroute the cable again.........!
Unfortunately this happens a lot with the newer cars, and you're not alone in needing to do this. Hope the job is easy ;)

Maybe it's time to start a thread or forum here on DCT about the subject where specific cars and the solutions are posted thus helping those others who have the same car avoid the problems first time 'round. You can't find that info in any one place, and even in car-specific forums it's often hard to find.

Phil

If i got a new car, i think i would run my wires temporary, meaning just taping them in place along the projected route.
Then again i dont listen to any form of radio, so interference with something like that would not bother me.

TBH i have lately noticed some FOB issues in my car, but they are not permanent very random so i think i better replace the little battery in my car key.

where did you install the ferrite?
Tried to install it close to the rear cam and also tried it near the car antenna. Where should it be installed? I would try it again rather than reroute the cable.

Tried to install it close to the rear cam and also tried it near the car antenna. Where should it be installed? I would try it again rather than reroute the cable.
the ferrite needs to go as close as possible to the front camera

the ferrite needs to go as close as possible to the front camera
Just tried, it is slightly better. I guess reroute the cable is the only option.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 6
Back