Kia Telluride fuse help

buzzdash

Reaction score
Country
United States
I ordered a hardwire kit that includes 2 Add-A-Fuses. It came with 2 20amp fuses. I planned on using the 15amp rear wiper and the 30amp passenger power seat. My understanding is that you put the (15and 30amp) original fuses in the front(Fuse 2 position) and the new ones (20amp) in the back(Fuse 1). But this contradicts 2 things I've heard. First I've heard that the fuse 1 position should never be greater than 2. Second I've heard that fuse 1 should never be above the total amps available. It looks liek the setup on the 30amp will be ok. So what should I do? Should I buy a 15amp and run two 15 amp fuses in the

lighter

I ordered a hardwire kit that includes 2 Add-A-Fuses. It came with 2 20amp fuses. I planned on using the 15amp rear wiper and the 30amp passenger power seat. My understanding is that you put the (15and 30amp) original fuses in the front(Fuse 2 position) and the new ones (20amp) in the back(Fuse 1). But this contradicts 2 things I've heard. First I've heard that the fuse 1 position should never be greater than 2. Second I've heard that fuse 1 should never be above the total amps available. It looks liek the setup on the 30amp will be ok. So what should I do? Should I buy a 15amp and run two 15 amp fuses in the

lighter
Fuse position 2 will be your original fuse, in 1 put a fuse suitable for the dash cam current requirements. 20A will be far too high, realistically something like a 3A fuse will be more than sufficient.

Back