Kinda Aggravated with A119S

Im not sure what the heck im doing. The file isnt downloading all the components and i dont know what it means when they say the root of the card

Should be only 1 file called FWA119S.bin.

Placing it in the root of the card means in the main folder, and not sub folders within it.

For example:

Not the root = E:\Camera\DCIM
Root = E:\

E:\ = whatever the drive letter of your microSD card is.

root of the card just means an empty card
good.gif
biggrin.gif

Im gonna mess with it more tomorrow. Everytime i sit down to mess with it something comes up that takes my attention off

Im gonna mess with it more tomorrow. Everytime i sit down to mess with it something comes up that takes my attention off
Our friends at Car Cam Central have a great video walk-through of the Viofo update.

For this issue, we confirm it can be fixed by firmware upgrade.
We haven't heard this issue for long time for recent batch.

Please notice while the camera is upgrading, the red LED will be blinking, if not it means the upgrade is not started.

i got it to do the blinking as described last night, however this continued for like 20 mins. I know it shouldnt take that long.
I picked up a Rexing V1 just so ill have something for now, however the A119S is superior in video quality. The V1 is too blury when cars go by

i got it to do the blinking as described last night, however this continued for like 20 mins. I know it shouldnt take that long.
Correct, loading the firmware takes only a couple of minutes at most.

Since nothing else seems to work for you, perhaps you need to reload the A119S boot loader file (LDA119S.bin) prior to reloading your firmware, as was the case for the original poster in this recent thread: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...nect-during-update-process.35685/#post-423292. Read all the posts in the thread. Specific instructions are contained therein including a source for the A119S boot loader file referenced in this post: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...nect-during-update-process.35685/#post-423310.

It shouldn't hurt, might help.

I picked up a Rexing V1 just so ill have something for now, however the A119S is superior in video quality. The V1 is too blury when cars go by
It should not take that long, firmware updating usually takes 2-3 minutes.
However, which SD card are you using for this firmware?

I think I am done messing with this thing. Its really dissapointing it failed because the video quality was really good. I bought a Rexing V1 from Best buy, however the video quality isnt near what the VIOFO is. The video is blury and license plates are hard to read on the Rexing.
What camera is comparable to the quality video of day and night of the Viofo A119S?? I want to buy a new cam but am very dissapointed with VIOFO. Also would like a company with quicker customer service responses.
Please clue me in on your recommendations below. Price is a consideration, but I am not a cheap skate. I would go up to $200 but would like to be in the $100-150 range.

Everybody see's different but IMHO the GITUP produces the better detailed and sharper image even @30FPS. I hope you get what you want in the end but as mentioned above the firmware update on your A119s should solve the problems that you are having and I believe it's user error.

Everybody see's different but IMHO the GITUP produces the better detailed and sharper image even @30FPS. I hope you get what you want in the end but as mentioned above the firmware update on your A119s should solve the problems that you are having and I believe it's user error.
it probably is user error to a degree, im not denying that. I just dont have time to be messing with it any longer honestly. I have 60 days on the Rexing so if I can get my A119S working by then, great if not ill buy something else. Just dont have alot of dedicated time to mess with it.

It's obvious you are already not happy with the Rexing and what ever time you have taken to reply here is all it would take to re flash the firmware on the A119s.

It's obvious you are already not happy with the Rexing and what ever time you have taken to reply here is all it would take to re flash the firmware on the A119s.
Wanted to apologize if I ruffled some feathers. I was pretty frustrated last night and hope I didn’t insult anyone who has been trying to assist.
I’m gonna start completely over from scratch and post issues I’m running into along the way to better help myself and the community with my current camera issue.
Again I apologize for taking my frustration out in the forums.

Back