Knifed tyre

Paul Iddon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A139 Pro 4K, A129 Pro Duo 4K, A229 Duo 2K, & NB 522GW
Bloody hacked off to find my nearside back tyre had been knifed the other night. Found it flat and when examined today in the cold light of day there's a one inch gash that can only have been made by a blade.

Why do idiots have to do things like this? Totally beyond me this sort of behaviour.

FUMING!

Sound like strait up vandalism, but if you have been parked slightly different from what you use to, it could be some one feel entitled to that place and in which case it should be pretty strait forward to figure out who it is.

My friend often slash tires when people not even living near to him move his trailers around and park at "his" curb, some times he have flattened all 4 tires on a car, and when he had the land rover he have towed a car out into the street and then left it there.
My friend can not leave his house and expect to get his parking spot, not even since he had a disabled parking spot painted on the road by the municipality, that's how selfish people are around there.

If it is just vandalism it can be quite random, or the person doing it can also be pretty stupid and do it in his own back yard so to say.

My friend dont mind people parking there, but when they start to move his trailers around he get angry or if they park in his handicapped P spot, but he dont even mind people parking in front of his garage making it impossible to get any of the cars in there out ( not that that is going to happen ) me personally i would on principle get angry over some one not knowing if garage are active or not block it with their car.

My friend live next dor to a small factory, and its their people that cant bother to drive 100 M more and park on the factory parking lot.
And then a couple of cars belonging to people living several 100 M from where they park.

The car was outside of my house, in the same spot it always gets parked. We live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac. the last house on the left. The area beyond us is where vehicles turn around. No reason why anyone would do it other than vandalism.

I hate when stuff like that happens, but punks gonna be punks. I, thankfully, have never been a victim of such an attack but I have had too many tires ruined by crap on the road. In fact, I estimate that in the time I've been driving, about 44 years, I've probably spent about $3500+ USD to replace damaged tires and wheels and alignment/suspension work due to running over crap that, typically, falls out of the back of pickup trucks owned by contractor types that don't feel any particular need to secure there load. The most common FOD is from drywall screws. but other types of construction hardware find there way onto the road and into my sidewall. On one particularly bad day both right side tires and the front right wheel were destroyed also requiring work on the suspension and alignment -- box of drywall screws.

But, the cops don't bother the stop and cite drivers for failure to secure there load often enough -- they're too busy chasing after someone for going 11mph over the limit.

Brian

punks gonna be punks.
Some people's only way of elevating their self-esteem is to drag others down. They can't achieve anything positive, so they take pride in doing harm instead. And some never grow out of it.
And I don't buy the "disadvantaged" argument. Some people are just worthless scum. Evolution hasn't made us a perfect species, not by a long way. Natural selection favours survival, not civilised behaviour. And while the latter has lead to the flourishing of humanity, it is by no means a necessity for propagating genes.

Some people are just worthless scum

No truer words have ever been said. When it comes to that kind of people I will have no mercy on them nor am I willing to let someone interfere with the one(s) they harmed taking whatever form of revenge they choose. It is right, proper, and necessary that scum be eliminated from a good society :mad:

Phil

i was also on occasion a vandal when i was young and dumb,,,, there said that too.

Not really targeted vandalism, but rather poor choices, so for instance that new knife why not testing it on a tree somewhere instead of the junglegym on the local playground. ASO

And for a while it was popular collecting ( stealing ) hub caps, so one of the guys got busted, he got his ass kicked and was locked in a garage overnight, and the next morning the guy caller my friends father and he god there kicked his sons as too and dragged him home.
Ever since that day that classmate of mine was pretty much a nice little boy :giggle: so i figure he learned his lesson at the age of 12, me i only caught up some 10+ years later, but then i dident need no outside help to see the error of my ways.

I was also once accused of shooting at the animals ( rabbits ) on the playground with bow and arrow, that was not true we kids shot at eachother, so aside for trowing a hen in a little puddle of water to see if it could swim i have never been cruel to any animal.
Animal cruelty in my book are pretty low life.

I do shoot rats with my airgun, but other than those i would not shoot at anything unless i was going to eat it ( humans not included, but i would only shoot human acting like rats or parasites )

The car was outside of my house, in the same spot it always gets parked. We live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac. the last house on the left. The area beyond us is where vehicles turn around. No reason why anyone would do it other than vandalism.

Is there a ginnel at the end of the cul-de-sac? I only say this as cul-de-sacs with ginnels are easypickings for scumbags, a mate's house got burgled because it's so easy to run off unseen.

Vandalism is one thing, but if it's not a disgruntled neighbour pssed off that you're car is 4mm too close to their bins, then there's people walking the streets with knives

side note- have any other cars been done in the area?

Is there a ginnel at the end of the cul-de-sac? I only say this as cul-de-sacs with ginnels are easypickings for scumbags, a mate's house got burgled because it's so easy to run off unseen.

Vandalism is one thing, but if it's not a disgruntled neighbour pssed off that you're car is 4mm too close to their bins, then there's people walking the streets with knives

There is a ginnel.

Ten years or so back, 30+ tyres were cut by a drunk walking through the estate. But I think this is an isolated incident.

Better had be at least!

I'd strongly recommend home CCTV if its possible where you are then. It's possibly completely random, could be Jealousy from even a complete stranger if its a nice car (had my Audi keyed a few years ago and I definitely hadn't crossed anyone), or maybe targeted for whatever other reason (you're not an MP are you?!)

Could be that several others local have been done, but on completely separate streets

Always possible.

I'm not an MP. And I drive a Ford Focus. Neither of which make it into the top 100 targets for arzholes with knives, lol...

I still reckon it was a random drunk or some dork with nothing better to do, but I'm mentioning it on the local Nextdoor app for my area, just to alert local residents something happened.

MP :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: now there are some people that should infuriate all but their closest friends. ;)

..parked my Super Glide at a bar one night , when I was still tough enough to like the bugs in my teeth, back in an hour and my rear tire had been knifed! Big problem, needs a shop to fix it ! Makes you mad enough to consider killing the bastard!

Back