Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Here's another new DVR.
Portable-DVR.jpg

Mini-DVR.jpg

MA0343319068.jpg

Key features:
Portable DVR, 1.5-inch LTPS LCD, Full HD, 5MP CMOS, 120° Wide Angle Lens, H.264, GPS, G-sensor.

Full specifications:
Display: 2.7-inch 16:9 TFT screen at 960 x 240 pixels
Chipset: Ambarella A2S60, full HD
High sensitive sensor: 5m, 1/2.5 inches
Lens (120°):
F: 3.1
Focus: 2.9mm
Video recording: 1,920 x 1,080 (30fps), 1,280 x 720 (30fps), WVGA (60fps)
H.264 codec
Recording format: MP4
Recording type: 25, 30fps (PAL/NTSC)
Photo definition: 2,592 x 1,944 pixels
Built-in speaker and microphone, supports AAC
Storage: support external memory card up to 32GB (micro SD or micro SDHC class 4)
Automatic start recording when ignition
Battery: replaceable 3.7V, 1,100mAh
Built-in memory: 512MB (optional)
Built-in G-sensor
Horizontal: 360°
Vertical: 60° rotatable mount
Automatic video, photo rotation
Cycle recording: 1/5/10/15/30/45 minutes, not losing any second (when card is full, it will erase the first file)
Split recording: 1/5/10/15/30/45 minutes, not losing any second (when card is full, it will stop)
HDMI® output: PAL/NTSC
Time stamp: date and time/date/time/no
Car mode: on/off
Mute recording
OSD hide if no operating in 10 seconds
EV adjustment: -2 to +2
White balance: automatic, D4000, D5000, sunny, cloudy, fluorescent and incandescent
Contrast: standard, high and low
Acutance: standard, high and low
Environmental effect: none, sunset, portrait, landscape, sports, night and night portrait
Photo effects: none, art, vivid, black and white, reversal film and old style
Exposure mode: average, center and spot
Stop recording delay: 10/30 seconds or 1 minute
Motion detection
Automatic turn off screen
Automatic power off

Is Angel Eye or Koonlung?
Very small display. Not bad.

enjoy,
Mtz

Love the size. . . 2 things scare me however

#1 - HD "Ready" ??
#2 - Little Boy???

1 - they don't know what HD means. Or maybe is some upsizing from lower resolution
2 - yes, I know, a little... gay

enjoy,
Mtz

Angel Eye also known as Little Boy and Koonlung DVR. They use so many names to market it.
Versions known: N2 N5 N6. I think "G", e.g. NG indicates it comes bundled with a GPS receiver.

Below are other information...

Ambarella A2S60 chipset
-Based on new H.264/AAC codec, you will get very good quality Full HD videos
-Powerful data calculation to make brilliant videos.
-High integrated system to make such a small device possible.

Aptina 5100 sensor
-Micron DigitalClarity imaging technology
-1/2.5" big sensor to get more light
-5M pixel to produce more details
-better low noise level
-low power consumption
-support snapshot mode in playbacking

5 Recording Scenes
You can select between Auto, Sunny, Rainy, Snowy, and Night. It will get much better video quality in such circumstances. If you think it is difficult to choose, just choose Auto
Note:
1. Each mode, there will be a small icon on the screen. Our video showing this will come soon.
2. For night mode, it will change automatically from Auto to Night. So you no need to change it by hand.

Car Plate Stamp
You can input your car plate no. into your video. It will be a stamp on the right upper corner of the video. It will be a better proof of that this video is really take from in your car!
Note:
1. You can input your car plate no. from your computer. How to do it?
2. Now it support 15 characters in Russian, English and Chinese.
3. The key to this setting is Unicode of the .txt file. Please pay attention to this. See this.

Anti-Glare
At night, you may find it is very difficult to see the car plate of the car in your front. The reason is that there is a lot of light glare from this plate. Try to turn on this option in the night.
Note:
1. Default is OFF;
2. When you turn on it at night, you will find video becomes dark, but you can see the car plate no. in front of you very clearly.
Check how it works.

512M Internal Memory
With this 512MB memory, you can copy the video file from your device to the police officer’s card, or your friend’s card.
Note:
1. the card icon on screen: 1 means internal memory; 2 means card.
2. when you want to format the storage, please make sure it is the correct storage that will be formated.
3. Do you know how to copy the video file from A SD card to B SD card?
Watch this video.

Speed Limit
You like speeding? So this function is just made for you. Before you drive, you need to set it in the device. For example, 100KPM is legal limit. So when your speed is over that, the speed stamp on the video will show 0 and the GPS data also becomes 0.
Note:
1. N2 model don't have a speeding alarm. But anyway speeding is no good, right?
See how it works.

Mitch said:
I think "G", e.g. NG indicates it comes bundled with a GPS receiver.
Where is the GPS, inside camera? I hope the non-GPS models to not keep that --- GPS data on the screen.

Ambarella A2S60 chipset
Not so new chipset.

Aptina 5100 sensor
I don't know if is good or bad. The youtube samples are not so brilliant.
The image still have that reddish in it.
After watching a lot of dashcam videos I can tell which camera is chinese or not. Almost all chinese cameras have that red color in the image. When I see a beautiful "Kodak style" image I am sure the camera is korean, or maybe, taiwanese.

For night mode, it will change automatically from Auto to Night. So you no need to change it by hand.
Very interesting. Some light sensor?

You can input your car plate no. into your video.
Good!

Anti-Glare
I am not sure how good it is because the Night mode will be darker. Or you will press some button when you afraid of glare?

512M Internal Memory
Very ood, but you need some card as a backup to offer. Maybe some old and very small card, because I don't expect you will give a 32GB card to somebody.

Speed Limit
1. N2 model don't have a speeding alarm.
See how it works.
N2 have or not the feature from youtube?
The ideea is good, but not showing 000, but showing nothing.

enjoy,
Mtz

I agree with MTZ about not being so impressed with the youtube vids. You can definitely tell the difference between Korean vs Chinese when it comes to optic color quality.

There are too few videos to view now and the resolution looks more like 720p HD than 1080p Full HD. Once this new DVR has more initial ownership, there will be more videos and reviews. This DVR from China is really quite a small package though.

Here's the Angel Eye/Little Boy N2 product overview sheet..
http://www.koonlung.net/lm/gz/userfiles ... Broche.pdf

The current wholesale price is around US100 to US170/piece based on moq. I am assuming the DVR will be retailing around US100 to US120/piece which puts this China DVR in the rather expensive range?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice install presentation, but the name little boy is far from ok! Kinda weird...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The A2S60 is an old processor and night quality will be the biggest drawback. I am a fan of the A2S60 but I wonder why Chinese manufacturers keep introducing more models with it rather than the newer Ambarella processors.

DashCamMan said:
The A2S60 is an old processor and night quality will be the biggest drawback. I am a fan of the A2S60 but I wonder why Chinese manufacturers keep introducing more models with it rather than the newer Ambarella processors.

A2 is a stable platform and harder to get wrong, many are still learning on newer chipsets, it's also cheaper

Can you give a price comparison for the chipsets? A2 A5 A7.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:

I have no idea about this particular chips, but from my experience with Cortex series, will be from 2 to 10$ at most, but I bet that initial cost of commercial SDK (and other non chip stuff like support?, firmware?) will make it a lot more expensive for small factories. Not sure if Chinese paying it though.

Xor said:
Mtz said:

I have no idea about this particular chips, but from my experience with Cortex series, will be from 2 to 10$ at most, but I bet that initial cost of commercial SDK (and other non chip stuff like support?, firmware?) will make it a lot more expensive for small factories. Not sure if Chinese paying it though.

you're correct that there is more to it than just the chipset cost, the newer models don't have a free SDK, we had to buy it which adds to the base cost, aside form the chipset cost though the new models can support extra functionality which adds to the cost of the finished item, for example we have an A5 product which is around $20 more expensive than the A2 product, we use a WDR sensor, different lens etc which makes up a part of that cost difference

The manufacturers of this camera, Koonlung, do not seem to care about support or aftercare. I have one of their split type HD-DVR93 cameras and have contacted them about a small problem with it. No firmware updates are on their web site, so I wrote to them a couple of days ago. Not long ago I agree, but I am still waiting for a response.

I quite like the look of this new camera, but if I hear nothing from them about my other camera they won't get any more custom from my direction. I will let you know if they contact me.

FlyingPanMan

Back