Koonlung K1S GPS antenna cable wiring picture/diagram

DeeEll

Reaction score
Country
Israel
My brilliant amazing K1S needs help. The GPS cable was pulled out from the antenna - see picture Koonlung K1S GPS wiring.jpg

Can anyone give me a close-up picture or wiring diagram, so I can solder the wires?

Last edited:

dane1234

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Koonlung (Spy Tec) K1S
I have several new, unused Koonlung GPS modules and you're welcome to have one at no cost, but I have never mailed anything to Israel. Is there any way you can set up a prepaid shipment? Would be shipping from Sonoma, California, USA. Could drop off at a nearby UPS store (#1743). Also not sure how to correspond in private, for exchanging contact info.
Koonlung GPS module.png

OP
D

DeeEll

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi and thanks for the prompt response. I'll check my shipping options and get back to you + how to communicate in private.

Kitsee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
KOONLUNG K1S
Wires are from top to bottom with the wire coming out the top. gps: black, red, green. Speaker: yellow(-), white(+). Please view image below.
Ref Image

Kitsee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
KOONLUNG K1S
On a side note, the colours its using match the 5 standard colours of a micro USB cable so you should be able to get a completely new cable to solder it in if the old one is in bad shape.
ColourStandard USBK1S
RedVcc (+5v)GPS Vcc(+3.3v)
WhiteData -Speaker +
GreenData +GPS Data (GPS Chip provides a UART output only serial connection on this wire)
YellowIDSpeaker -
BlackGroundGPS Ground

Kindda really glad i opened it up now, the GPS looks really interesting and simple to use. might get one to play with :)

OP
D

DeeEll

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Kitsee - many, many thanks. I'll get to work with the soldering iron.

Dane also many thanks but shipping costs alone are minimum $35 with USPS.