Koonlung K1S new battery

DeeEll

Reaction score
Country
Israel
The KB-08 battery seems to be unavailable. Any alternatives - would hate to loose my trust camera

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
G1W-S, G1W-HC, G1W clone, B1W, K2S, B2W, (ex N2Pro & Mobius)
Welcome to DCT @DeeEll :)

While it may need soldering done, a similar LiPo battery would probably work. The numbering system for these denotes a size. Here's some info on this LINK and googling "LiPo size" will bring up others if the ones listed here don't fit.

Phil

OP
D

DeeEll

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Thanks for this. Also off to my local GoPro type camera shop for the first try.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
They may have something, but most of us buy online. AliExpress is a good source and sometimes Amazon or Ebay will have what you want. Just search for the battery number with the word "LiPo" and you should find at least a few sources.

Phil

kamkar1

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
Your only chance are to source a battery with the same size, and then solder that in.
You can find all sizes of single cell lipo batteries online, maybe local too, i got a small 350 mah battery once at a local store for RC hobby, i needed this battery for a small RC car.
Israel i think are a far too hot country for a battery camera.

OP
D

DeeEll

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Thanks everyone - found one on Ebay in the US for $50 including snailmail shipping, Well worth it as the little recording unit lives happily in the central glove box and only the front/rear cameras are visible. Very discreet.

However my track record receiving LiPo batteries through the mail is very poor. Twice ended up with a dispute after a long wait! Fingers crossed.

Bye and thanks

Kitsee

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For anyone looking at this in the future, the K1S uses a standard gopro battery used in the HERO 1 or 2 with the model number AHDBT-001 or AHDBT-002. I don't believe gopro makes these batteries anymore but aftermarket batteries will normally advertise that they are compatible with both. note make sure its for the HERO 1 or 2, HERO 3 batteries use the same connector but are thicker so wont fit withing the case of the K1S. At the time of writing this, amazon is selling a aftermarket battery for £8.

SawMaster

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Welcome to DCT @Kitsee :) And thank you for sharing the information (y)

Phil