Korean #1 online dash cam seller, IROAD

Yeah, especially in our internet-time, where everyone can "google" and make his own conclusions after 10-15min.

sadly there's still a lot of people that Google after they purchase, lower spec will generally sell better offline than online, not an easy market to crack though

Korean style is a little different from our expectations. How about this advertising?

smart-i.jpg

I like on koreans dashcams some options, features, but they are not focusing on image quality. I think korean drivers are not focusing on image details but for fancy form factor, bright LEDs, overal good quality image. But I will never forget that the first best dashcam for me was Itronics ITB100HD korean dashcam with an amazing night video recording. Even after 2 years I don't know which dashcam can record better in low light conditions. And their 1080p was at 6mbps and today chinese dashcams are recording at 20mbps just to save some poor implementations. So we can learn from korean dashcams, but only few things.

Unfortunately for normal buyers they don't know what technical details are important for them so few not important things are helping in their decisions, like:
NEW ARRIVAL 2014 (maybe is made in 2013, who knows?)
Best selling korean dashcam (maybe the Itronics is the best korean dashcam)
Wide angle (maybe poor lens and wide angled lens are not helping for close details which are missing)
GPS (maybe they will never use it)
Night vision (some are advertising this even is no IR LED on camera. And even with IR LEDs we know will not help in any way for night recording)
Do you saw something like best quality and proof ?

Make a search on Aliexpress and sort about number of orders. What will you see? First cameras are about $15-$27. For DCT forum users is a no buy because of poor quality. But for average Joe is.

aliex.jpg

enjoy,
Mtz

[
sadly there's still a lot of people that Google after they purchase, lower spec will generally sell better offline than online, not an easy market to crack though

True.

I got bit the first time out. But I also googled a bit first. Shared some vids, watched a "techmoan" review and decided it was good enough for me.

Ended up with a camera that (all things considered) records decently but is not up to what I now want from a camera. Especislly after more reading on the subject.

Price is a factor also not to be ignored for the average NA, so I'm trying a g1w-c next. Chosen after some reading based on image quality vs purchase price.

I may he buying again after the g1w if it doesn't make the grade, but its all part of the "education" for me...

For me the priority is the form factor. So I will never buy a G1 style. Or V7 style which is closer, and oh man, that bright LED! Even are the best dashcams in the world, not only the best selling. I will buy the best available camera with my form factor expectations. If not the best in the world, this is it, I will accept.
Or... we have jokiin. Unfortunately for me and others he is not God to create our dream dashcam, but he can try to and have the power or listening.
Too many dashcams are created in some office, maybe by a man which never used a dashcam in a car or even doesn't have a driving license.

My first dashcam was a 0808 keychain, almost invisivble.

enjoy,
Mtz

The other thing about the "iroad" is that it does look very nice.

In fact, I would say too nice for the average NA.

Myself, I would be nervous as heck to leave that hanging in my window. It looks like a decent still camera or video recorder.

While that may not be a big deal in Korea or maybe Russia, its an open invite for someone to smash the window and steal it.

That's a big concern in NA and why I intend to take my next camera apart and hide the installation into the vehicle....

Too many dashcams are created in some office, maybe by a man which never used a dashcam in a car or even doesn't have a driving license.

I do know of one engineering team that uses taxis when they want to test something because nobody that works there has a car, are they the ideal ones to be designing this type of product, hardly

From design point of view, iroad 3800 is the best from whole series they have. It also had / has quite good video sencitivity at night ( Sony Exmor ). I had it 2y ago. The only probl. is low bit-rate.

Yes, and I like more that form factor than the V7. But wait, if 3800 had the lens on one side? Better form factor, something like Hyundai MnSoft.

Hyundai-MnSoft-R700-Mount-1.jpg

I still have in one car one of the first wireless dashcams an korean ITB250HD, unfortunately the video quality is not close to the ITB100HD, but I like it very much because it never failed. Never! So I trust korean quality.

enjoy,
Mtz

not saying you're a liar, just commenting that I've lost count of the number of Korean cameras that claim to be the number one seller, I'm sure lots of them are number one in some specific space or category that they fail to mention at the time

you might more correctly boast of being the number one selling product (I can't read Korean so take your word on this) on these particular websites, I'm sure there's a lot more sales happening in other places though, as was pointed out already what works in Korea won't necessarily account for much in other markets as the consumer expectations are different

Thank you again for the comment. Noted with your valuable feeback as well.
We actually make some changes when exporting to different countries. Take here Singapore for example, we sell only few screen-attached bulky models and enhance
the strength of glass for camera lens for direct sun exposure. Those have all been reflected from the feedback our local customers have made.
Each time I put up our new models here, I wonder what aspects of the models I need to focus on when writing something knowing users here care a lot for the specs.
Please take my writings or words as a way to receive pre-launch feedback. If we open new branch in the U.S, for pricing, lineups and legal issues, we need to work out whole new market strategy, and please be kindly informed we have been counting on all the feedbacks from this site. I hopefully see you guys in the states soon with something new :)

Korean build quality is generally very good, just the form factor and outlook needs adjusting to suit western market needs

150 would still be high for what specs I read on the page....I would still pass on it.

Sorry, but that's my view of an average NA purchaser.

Thank you for your reply.

We are currently working out a new quotation for the U.S. resellers and customers. Due to transportation, taxes and competition etc, the price of IROAD V7 from country to country is different. Currently, our marketing team is analyzing dashcam prices in NA. They should be able to figure out a reasonable pricing unless they are lazy
or dummy :)

Now that we are not directly selling dashcams in the states, all we expect from you guys in the mean time is to gain brand recognition before launching.

Thank you again for your objective feedback on IROAD V7 :)

Korean brand, Korean people, all about Korea

SITEX show is a like family get together meeting place right?

There you see your cousin walking around and your uncle passing next to you.
Considering the population in Singapore,
average visitors of 800,000 each year to the showis quite amazing.
Right there, Corvit International went public with its IROAD dashcams for the very first time
here in Singapore.

upload_2014-12-10_16-21-45.png

IROAD Singapore branch started operating from late April this year, has been only less than 7 months, such a short time to participate in this kind of show.

Not much was expected, all we wanted from Singaporean people were to gain brand recognition
from every single of them.
I was kind of nervous before the show began. As I have only been working for this company for 4 months and I am not a local here in Singapore, I had absolutely no idea how local people think of ours and what they expect from us.
Whatever my worries were, what has to happen was eventually about to happen.
upload_2014-12-10_16-22-28.png
<Our 24 square meter booth was almost done. D-1 the SITEX show.>

There were the competitors in the show as well. 'My thoughts' about them were as follows

Thinkware : A listed company in Korea.
Has to make high-end to fulfill its stockholders' expectation, I guess.
Flagship is front/rear full hd. The price is very high.

Blackvue : Best known dashcam manufacturer in Singapore, Korean brand as well.
Popular for its little bulb light shape, wifi capability.
Flagship is front/rear full hd. The price is relatively high, but lower than the Thinkwares'

Garmin : Huge international manufacturer, mostly known for its navigation system.
Pricing is decent. Specs are similar or little bit higher than ours

Marbella : GPS manufacturer like Garmin, pricing and specs are quite similar to ours.

Unlike most of the above, we are neither a re-distributor nor reseller. From the direct support from our headquarter in Korea, we could drop the price as low as we could.
Our strategy was like this. Keep the price down to the lowest, sell only four models
(namely, IROAD V7, T7, AEV and 2400) and target those consumers who look for entry-level and mid-range dashcams. None of our full-hd models were sold there. This might make some users think that we go against the times, but it worked.
The show eventually began, and unlike my worries and desperation, over 400 units of our dashcams were sold for four days.
upload_2014-12-10_16-23-6.png

Questions made by the people out there
1. The shop right behind your booth(thinkware) is selling full hd ones, why don't you guys
sell any?

-> Due to high temperature and overheating issue, we have not yet shipped our dual full-hd
models here in Singapore. Dual full-hd in such a small device runs and uses CPU a lot,
causing the dashcam to be overheat. Singaporean people are quite sensitive to heat related
issues. I do not know if other manufacturers' here in the show have been able to work out
this issue, but we have not.

2. What are the features that make IROAD cameras better than others?

->(1) No stand-by mode during parking mode, it only uses the car battery when it detects
motions. Other than that, the dashcam is completely switched off. (IROAD V7 can
deactivate a parking mode while activating motion-detection function)
Do not need to worry about battery discharge.
(2) Automatic recovery function : If any footages are mistakenly or accidentally erased,
simply switch off and back on, then they are all automatically recovered.
(3) High temperature endurance : Endures up to 80 degrees Celsius.
(4) Wifi capability with user friendly easy app : With mobile app, you can watch live-screen,
playback, retrieving saved footages from sd card to your smartphone via wifi without
physically having to take out the sd card from the dashcam, change most settings
and configuration you could do from the pc viewer. Do all these at your fingertip.

3. Warranty related?

-> We offer 1 year warranty to local consumers and simply offer them one-for-one exchange if
there is any problem with the dashcam. No repairing or shipping time for repair.
upload_2014-12-10_16-24-10.png
For four days straight, 10am to 10pm, it was a nightmare. Even so, I should say it was worth it.
It was such a good experience that Singapore drivers start knowing about our brand and this show is especially helpful when we launch our new models early next year.

Next year, our target will be the high-end users and I suppose there will be more to post here on dashcamtalk forum than now. We are participating this kind of show plus exhibitions every 3 months. I will keep them posted.

Cheers!

Fun, food, foreigner-friendly, flawless country

Incredibly hot sun, humid surrounding, traffic jam, dim parking areas

My impression of Singapore.
Upon successful settlement in freezing Russia, completely opposite weather condition
here in tropical Singapore has become our another challenge.

IROAD appeared in Singapore out of nowhere.

Some common questions like how well it records, how clearly it captures a car plate number
now need additional words like how on earth it records under the hot sun without any overheating issue or how clearly it captures a car plate number in very dark area.
Are they even possible? Do all the in-car camera manufacturers just play with numbers, high resistance 90, 100 degrees Celsius?

We would not be here if any other in-car camera manufacturers can do what we are capable of.

The following is some of the remarkable moments in this year.

* Launch of IROAD AEV, exclusive to Singaporean drivers.
Singapore is way smaller than South Korea and I though even South Korea is very small country.
To this country where the population is about 1/10 of Korea's, IROAD AEV was manufactured
for sales only in Singapore. Our prior research on Singapore indicated was that people prefer
slim, no-screen cameras and wifi functions. This single channel camera has been $99 only.

*Altering drivers' perception of screen attached in-car cameras
As mentioned right above, Singaporean people are reluctant to buy bulky shaped screen
attached model. We strived to slightly change people's way of thinking in a way that
screen attached ones do have advantages, things you could have done from a pc viewer, you
can do all that on a screen at your fingertip. IROAD Defender is one of the examples which
succeeded in catching Singaporeans' mind.

*Stunning sales of IROAD V7
Almost right after the launch of IROAD V7, we had participated in SITEX show and could
continue its success from Korea in Singapore. Despite of the competitors aggressive yelling about their Full-HD dashcams, IROAD V7 was able to beat at them with its own distinctive specs but way lower price.
SGD$199 for IROAD V7 including all the accessories(fuse cable, wifi dongle, 16gb memory card) was a steal indeed.
Thank IROAD V7 for finishing up this year with happy ending.

Thank you again for loving and hating or pointing out about our IROAD cameras and see you guys next year with our whole new IROAD series.

Merry Christmas!

Wish your success there.

As we all know saying is far more easier than doing, always has challenges there.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ryan Park South Korea 0
Back